Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Info on people/units

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by terp6, Mar 29, 2002.

1. terp6

terp6 recruit

THis is my first post, so hello everybody. I don't know how many veterans are part of this board but I was wondering if any were in the 104th division and more specifically the 413th infantry regiment. My grandfather, Alex Finkelstein was a radio op for the regimental HQ company throughout the war. My other grandfather, Herbert Ginensky fought in Iwo Jima. I'm not sure of his unit. If anyone has any info about the 413th, I'd be interested to hear it. Also, if any vets heard of either of my grandfathers, let me know.

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Glad to have you here and welcome aboard. There are vets who I know view the site--and some who I post things for on occasion.

I know this site is standing alone--as an English speaking site by having had several ww2 German vets visit this site--one of which is a Knights Cross Recipient and another who is a German Cross in Gold Recipient and personal friends of mine.

We also have the distinction of having several combat vets who I can answer for if there is a question that we need to have answered.

Just recently I "recruited" a US Ranger who was a sniper, and a US Army Combat Medical Sergeant.

We also have these forums graced from time to time by guys who served in the German--British--US--Canadian--Australian and Swiss Military's.

As the Marines say: "We are always looking for a few good men" women included of course.

3. SMAJ Boehm

SMAJ Boehm Member

My first post, too. My father, Elton (Pete) Boehm served as a Combat Engineer in Co B, 329th Engr Bn, 104th Inf Div. Left ASTP, joined the Division at (then) Camp Carson. Served until the division was inactivated. For more info, you might try the 104th's Website. Not sure if they still have them, but at one point they sold a new edition of the Division's history "Timberwolf Tracks". Probably be a good source for info. First editions can be found on 'used book' websites, but they tend to be pricey.
    :)

4. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

SMAJ, the original post is about 8 years old, but thanks for posting. Please tell us more of your grandfather's service.

5. Bobcat

Bobcat New Member

My dad was in 1st Platoon Co B 329th Cbt Engr Bn. Pvt Weldon Ray Correll I have a 12 pg journal of his experiences with 1st Bn 414th of the 104th. His inf pltn was imbedded into Co. A or B of the 1st Bn 414th. Looking for others that may have had the same experience of being a Combat Engr with the 329th and imbedded into a Co with an Inf Bn of the 104th.