Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Information please

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by Suzy, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Suzy

Suzy recruit

Good Evening Sir,
    I am encouraged to research my father's medals. I have his separation records from the United States Army. Without being a burden to anyone, I'd like to gain a better understanding of his service, as well as the medals he was awarded. Would you please point me in the right direction? I appreciate your assistance and thank you all. Sincerely, Suzy.

2. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Suzy, I moved your post to its own thread so it generates more traffic. If you can supply whatever information you have, I'm sure there are many here who will be willing to help out. Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your quest.

3. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

4. Buten42

Buten42 Member

Hi Suzy, would it be possible to post your fathers separation papers? Most of the time it's possible to learn what unit he was in and get some information on his decorations and awards.

5. Suzy

Suzy recruit

CO C 323RD INF PER HIS HONORABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS

THOMAS PAINE. ARMY SERIAL NO 39 310 435 T/SGT Platoon Sgt of a weapon platoon 1812 l/SGT First Sgt 745
    9 JUN 42 DATE OF INDUCTION 29 NOV 45 DATE OF SEPARATION - FT LEWIS WASHINGTON STATE - HONORABLE DISCHARGE
    SOUTHERN PHILIPPINES WESTERN PACIFIC GO 33 WD 45 BRONZE STAR MEDAL GO 127 HQ 81ST INF 44 GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL AMERICAN THEATER SERVICE MEDAL ASIATIC PACIFIC SERVICE MEDAL PHILIPPINE LIBERATION MEDAL WITH ONE BRONZE SERVICE STAR VICTORY MEDAL

MARKSMAN CARBINE SHARPSHOOTER PISTOL AND TSMG
    LST CLASS GUNNER
    ASR SCORE (2 SEP 45) 68

I AM THE PROUD DAUGHTER OF THIS MAN - RESEARCHING HIS MILITARY DUTIES. I HAVE RECEIVED HIS AWARDS. SEEKING ANY INFORMATION RELATIVE TO HIS SERVICE.

THANK YOU.

WILD DUKW and Otto like this.
  6. WILD DUKW

WILD DUKW Active Member

7. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Welcome back, Suzy. If you have not seen it yet, there is a relevant thread on this Forum titled 81st Infantry, 322 Regiment... "Wildcats" that you may want to read through. There is some stuff on the 323rd in it as well. I did not check to see if all of the links still work, but one that does is for The Approach to the Philippines from the US Army in WWII series is worth looking at.

Suzy likes this.
  8. Suzy

Suzy recruit

Thank you for your time and the information you provided. It means so much. God Bless you and Happy New Year!