Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Intro

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Tjunction, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Tjunction

Tjunction New Member

Hello to all,

The name T-Junction is a nickname given to me by some friends. My real name is Taylor.

I am 38 years young and have been interested in WWII history since I was about 10. I spent as much time as I could with my grandparents growing up and through my teen years and we discussed and debated everything together. Local and world politics, science, World War 1 and II, social issues . . . Really, everything. I started watching/reading the news when I was about eight. I have always been interested in the world around me. I am from Victoria, Canada but have lived in ten different countries and have traveled through nearly ten times as many. I am currently living in Siem Reap, Cambodia with my wonderful fianceé. She is from Kent, England.

I am particularily interested in the Fleet Air Arm during World War II.

My grandfather (not the one mentioned above) died in 1975, two years before I was born.

Lt. Cdr. William W. H. Martyn, DSC (RN) first joined the RAF in 1936 and transferred to the Fleet Air Arm August 1, 1938. He served with 802, 801, 880 and 800 squadrons before/during the war. He served with 41 Squadron in the RAF for nearly a year between 1937-38. Bill as he was better known, served in HMS Ark Royal, HMS Furious, HMS Glorious, HMS Indomitable, HMS Argus, HMS Stalker and finally HMS Ruler. He recieved the Distinguished Service Cross and Bar as well as three (3) M.i.D.'s. He piloted 48 different aircraft and is one of less than 80 World War II FAA aces. He served until early January 1946 and returned home to Canada that year.

I have spent the past 7 months developing a website dedicated to his military service that I am launching on Christmas Eve. I will post the link when the time comes.

I look forward to reading through the forum, in many aspects regarding WWII. If I find I can be of help to anyone, I will certainly do my best.

Thank You,
    Taylor

Otto likes this.
  2. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Welcome Aboard Taylor!

3. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Welcome to the Forum, Taylor.

4. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome to the forums!

5. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome Taylor, really looking forward toy your website. Please also checkout our sister site WW2Talk.com, they are just as interested in WW2 as we are, only with a bit more Commonwealth focus.

6. Ruud

Ruud Member

Welcome aboard, Taylor.

7. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Welcome to our world.

8. Tjunction

Tjunction New Member

Thank you for the warm welcome :)