Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Introduction

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by MarChant, Mar 25, 2018.

1. MarChant

MarChant Member

Hello everyone,

Let me introduce myself:

My name is Martin, age 41 from The Netherlands. My interest in WWII started as an early teen when visting the 'Victory Memorial Museum' in Arlon (Belgium). Sadly, this museum does not exist anymore and most of it's collection was sold to collector Dean Kruse in the USA. However, seeing the vehicles and machines of the war made a big impression and I started to build scale models of them. After a few years, I got interested in other things and forgot about modelling and WWII.
    Years later I found myself living together with my girlfriend and she encouraged me to pick up modelling as a hobby again. Older and wiser, I took it a bit more seriously this time and started doing more research before building my models. This rekindled and even expanded my interest in WWII. My primary interest is the ETO, Western Europe and to lesser extent the Eastern Front and North African campaign. The Pacific is something I know nothing about.

My screenname MarChant is a contamination of my first name and the name of the girlfriend mentioned above, who got it all started. I did marry her, but unfortunately divorced recently (we're still on friendly terms). I decided to keep using this name, as it has become my identity regarding my online activities on WWII and scale-modelling. My other hobby besides scale-modelling is playing the Euphonium.

I used to be a member of the online community 'World War Two Zone', but a while ago it mysteriously ceased to exist. Just now I stumbled upon this site wich does have a lot of similarities to the Zone, so I decided to join.

Hopefully I can find a lot of information here and I'll try to contribute and help others out wherever I can.

JJWilson likes this.
  2. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome to the forums!

3. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Welcome aboard...

4. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

While I'm not a modeller I would love to see some of your work, if you care to post it. Enjoy your time here.

5. JJWilson

JJWilson Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forums, any contribution you make will be appreciated, and you're not alone on your love of modelling. Sorry to hear about your divorce mate.........

6. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

7. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

Welcome!

8. RRA227

RRA227 Member

Welcome to the forum! Rich A. in Pa.