Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Iraq Crisis

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Ron, Sep 17, 2002.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Uh oh Crazy--Greg and Ron, have you in their telescopic sights! ;)

At any rate--nope--I dont care for cnn. I like Fox a bit better, and I dont see the news very often for many reasons unknown :eek: :eek: :D

2. Ron

Ron Member

hey no prob...i know my avatar is that cool! :D

Just heard that Bush plan's on making a national address to the nation regarding Iraq Monday.
    I just got that from CNN in e-mail...but there is nothing about it on their page? Keep your eyes open...hope nothing drastic happens! :confused:

3. Andreas Seidel

Andreas Seidel Member

The weird thing about CNN is that it is considered utterly nationalistic and pro-American by non-Americans and utterly communist and anti-American by Americans.

IMHO it's neither here nor there, just extremely fast to get a crew to the right or wrong spot and hideously inaccurate on all issues.

4. CrazyD

CrazyD Ace

I know, Carl... I'm going ot have to watch what I say! :D

Wow, Andreas... CNN is inaccurate on "all issues"? Now there's a blanket condemnation if I've ever heard one!

On Bush's plans to address the nation regarding Iraq... I would guess it's nothing drastic, more of an attempt at support. All of Bush's pushing to get unilateral authority- he clearly wants to go to war. But let alone international sentiment, even the polls at home in the US, from what I've heard, show very little domestic support for an un-supported attack on Iraq. I would bet Bush is going to lay out his case about how threatened we are, about how necessary this is. Try and at least get Americans on his side. Of course, at this point I doubt he'll be able to really sway anyone.
    Funny- I know I've said this before- Bush is giving a speech on Iraq monday... wonder if he'll even mention the still-dropping economy... or Bin Laden still being at large...

5. Knight Templar

Knight Templar Miserable Cretin

6. Andreas Seidel

Andreas Seidel Member

Alright, I'll back down. :D They usually get the date right and they most times manage to get correct stock exchange rates.

I really love that Bush vs Hussein duel idea. Can you imagine how many viewers there would have been world-wide?!? You could have made millions with such a duel, just from selling fan articles, like flags and scarves with Saddam and George on them!!

7. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

For the younger colleagues here. Check the video for Frankie goes to Hollywood 1984 called "Two tribes".It has a duel by fists of the USA and USSR laeders on it, really hilarious , yet full of serious businez.The leaders are Reagan and Gorbatshev. Great idea at a time when USA brought cruiser missiles to Europe and created a new crisis in the cold war.

;)

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Crazy--its scary but, you make sense to me ;) :D

9. Knight Templar

Templar's Prediction
    Bush's big speech is tomorrow night.
    Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what it's going to be?
    I still maintain that ol' Weasel Boy is going to let the inspectors go to Iraq and there will be no invasion.

10. dasreich

dasreich Member

KT; better a weasel than a warmonger. I hope he does chicken out, for the sake of the tenuous-at-best stability in the Middle East.

By the way, I'd pay good money to see a Bush/Hussein duel! :D

[ 06 October 2002, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: dasreich ]

11. CrazyD

CrazyD Ace

WOW... isn't that one hell of a great idea! Pay-per-View, Bush vs. Saddam, a duel to the death.
    We could let the WWF take this one over... get some costumes going, etc. etc.
    Maybe even get that Bruce Buffer guy ot do the announcing.

Hey- FOX has already done celebrity boxing...
    :D :D :D

Carl, that is Crazy. No wait, I'm Crazy! :D :D

On the serious note, it seems much of America agrees with some of my sentiments (Oh yeah!)(sorry...)- Apparently, I'm not so crazy in worrying about the economy. NYTimes has an article about the latest CBS poll that apparently shows a large majority of people that think Bush is spending way too much time on Iraq and way too little on the economy. I would think all of us living in the US should be concerned... despite Bush's claim that the US economy "is strong" (???), things still keep sliding downhill.

I think Bush is going to find that he has dug himself into a very deep hole...

My prediction on Bush's speech- a lot of essentially meaningless blather about Iraq, with of course little or no mention of the economy and even less mention of Bin Laden.

12. Knight Templar

Commerzbank, which is Germany's 3rd largest bank, lost one-quarter of its value just during last week. This is HUGE news.
    (Dasreich: I refer to GWB as Weaselboy just on general principle, and not because he's "backing out" of the Iraq conflict. He's just a weasely guy.)

13. Stevin

Stevin Ace

KT, Do you mean to say that David Icke was right all along?? :eek:

14. Knight Templar

Stevin,
    Isn't Icke the one who thinks Bush is one of the Reptilians? They can morph into human form, but only for a few hours. This is why you never see videos of Bush for any long period of time.
    I'll have to do some more checking into that.
    Like what you've done with your hair, btw.

15. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Hehehe...Thanx...I went for a perm but ended up getting my hair lightened...Glad you like it! Ar, you got me! I am one of that alien spieces they call female :D

You are right about Icke. I got one of his books years ago. Thought I was going to educate myself on the origins of the New World Order, but when he started spewing that kinda cr@*# I almost choked laughing and threw the book out...The Paladians told me to do so.... :rolleyes:

Just guess that air cadets spewing that kinda stuff make the rest they write also just a bit less reputable...

16. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Crazy :D :cool:

17. Knight Templar

18. Stevin

Stevin Ace

But on a more serious note;

Last night I watched the 1st part of Scott Ritter's documentary 'Shifting Sands'. I thought it was amazing...until I read he was the doc's director and did the whole thing himself and then did some reading on the internet; Although the documentary is very interesting and Ritter seems to work out of a rather great deal of frustration (I guess he just interviewed himself for this doc.) he did come across like a man-with-a-mission. I wonder why he is so driven to bring his point across, even to the point of making himself unbelievable (see links below). He is an easy target for people saying he 'swayed'.

On the other hand; his story is quite believable...http://www.globalpolicy.org/security/sanction/iraq1/000731.htm

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20020918-239312.htm

http://www.casi.org.uk/discuss/2002/msg01156.html

http://www.tribune.atfreeweb.com/ritter02082002.htm

http://junkyardblog.blogspot.com/2002_08_18_junkyardblog_archive.html

[ 14 October 2002, 04:06 AM: Message edited by: Stevin Oudshoorn ]