This is an excellent portrait of an IS-2 heavy tank from the Polish 4th SPCzC. It is the later model with a rebuilt frontal part of the superstructure. Note the many details on this tank, including the crew's mascot (a teddy bear) seated behind the front light. The lack of the rear road wheel was quite a common sight in units equipped with these tanks. The Soviets did not care for spare wheels, and when the chassis was damaged by a mine, they simply replaced the damaged road wheel with one from the rear. Remnants of white paint, which was removed soon after December 1944, may be seen on the turret and gun barrel. The clothes worn by the soldiers show just how warm this winter was. This photo was taken in the first half of February 1945!