Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Is it legal to sell distinguished service cross

Discussion in 'Medals, Insignia, Badges & Recalls' started by burningincense, Jun 1, 2013.

1. burningincense

burningincense recruit

Is it legal to sell distinguished service cross from WWII with soldier same on it?

2. belasar

belasar Court Jester

For us on the forum its value is in the honor bestowed upon the recipiant for service to their nation, we can give you no other valuation.

While this may seem a dissapointment to you, understand that we are forum dedicated to the study and understanding of humanities greatest conflict and not in the estimation of artifacts, that we leave to those better suited to make those deductions.

I hope you will find other topics of interest and stay with the forum.

3. burningincense

burningincense recruit

Hi, I definitely understand the importance of this medal and the meaning it has. :)

4. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

If you would like to receive something of greater value than what you can get for it monetarily, I suggest returning them to the surviving family members. I just read a post on the forum earlier today where workers at a Goodwill did just that.

However, if you are still interested in valuation, you should try auction websites or militaria collecting websites/forums.

belasar likes this.
  5. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

To answer the OP's question, the short answer is "yes". It is legal to sell the DSC. I posted a similar message a few days ago but I can't find it now.

That being said, I strongly recommend to do what TD Tommy recommends. Most (if not all) DSC citations are on the Internet, so you can find out more information from that. As I'm sure you are aware, the DSC is a very prestigious medal, and I am sure someone in the family would appreciate it.

Buten42 likes this.