Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

ISIS strikes, any effect?

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by bronk7, Feb 7, 2015.

1. lwd

lwd Ace

Actually I've seen some speculation that the Norh encouraged the Tet offensive as a way of disposing of the VC. The latter were a home grown resistance movement. It's not at all clear, especially early on, that they followed the orders of the NVA general staff. The two were clearly different forces and operated differently. Militarily neither could stand up to the US military. Vietnam eventually fell to the NVA when the US refused to intervene. So your point about civilian support for the VC has absolutely no validity. Your other points as usual do a very good job of discrediting your positions.

2. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

we should have some ''friends'' there and therefore intel on this....seems like they will never stop fighting over there.....not until a supreme power gets in.....

3. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

The VC was a fiction invented by NV to disguise the fact that already in 1959 NV had invaded SV :in january 1959 the NV communist party had approved a "people's war" in SV.

Sources :Jeffrey Race,James Olson and Randy Roberts .

Besides, the difference between North Vietnamese and South Vietnamese is a fiction : there were Vietnamese from the north and from the south in the NVA,and there were Vietnamese from the north and from the south in the South Vietnamese Army .

A lot of anticommunist living in the north had in 1954 the chance to leave for the south. Others had not that chance and disappeared .

4. lwd

lwd Ace

I see you still can't be bothered to properly source your rants.

5. Takao

Takao Ace

I believe what LJAd meant to say was

"Sources: Wikipedia"

6. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

The VC and the NVA were nothing more than the Vietminh in a disguise . Those who are making a distinction between regular armed forces (NVA) and guerilla fighters (VC) have no notion of the post WW warfare :there is no such distinction : NVA units were operating as VC and VC units were operating as NVA.

The war in SVN was lost the moment he began : in january 1959 :without the support of the US SVN was to weak to resist the NV invasion,and the US would not remain eternally .

There were only 2 options : eliminate the NV forces who operated in SVN,something the US army was unable to do

or

eliminate NV,something the US were unable to do for political reasons : the liberal whining brigade was to strong .

7. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

it appears the Iraqi Kurdish forces have moved into Sinjar with the help of US airstrikes.....it's very hard to defend anything if the US has laser designators on the ground with friendly troops....

8. lwd

lwd Ace

Lets take look at Ljad's latest rant:
    Wrong.

Wrong.

I'm pretty sure I've heard of incidents of the former but would like to see evidence for incidents of the latter. Not that it makes much difference. The VC were from the south and the NVA from the north. Training, equipment, and command structure were quite a bit differeent as well. That they might occasionally try to mislead their opposition doesn't change that.

Wrong.

Still wrong.

If you were just making completely random statements you'd be doing better than this.

9. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

It was very possible to prevent the infiltrations of the NVA in SV in the north : one had only to use the propositions of McArthur about the border between the 2 Koreas. Of course,the Liberals would not admit it .

10. lwd

lwd Ace

And in so doing we would have lost a lot more than we could possibly have gained and that's assuming we didn't start WWIII or get the Chinese to intervene. How old are you? I've seen 5 year olds with more common sense.

*** edit for ***

That's right for some reason I keep forgetting your a troll.

11. Takao

Takao Ace

Yes...An all out nuclear war would solve all our problems...

No more humans, no more problems.

Unfortunately, LJAd has not thought his "solution" through to it's end. But, stopped with "We killed all the bad guys." Ignoring the fact that he will kill be killing all "the good guys" to do so.

How could we have been so stupid to pass that one up?

12. Takao

Takao Ace

I think your guess is about 3 years too early, I'd say he is in the "Terrible Twos".

13. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

mac at least had guts,what can not be said of some people.

14. Takao

Takao Ace

Sorry, but I must have missed the part where this thread was moved to the alternate history section.

Mac didn't have the guts...He testified before Congress that he had never said or wanted to use atomic weapons in Korea. Further, no evidence was ever found to that effect. At best, evidence was found that he had considered using an unsanctioned plan to use radioactive wastes to seal off North Korea.

Myth...Busted!

lwd likes this.
  15. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

I referred to the plan to use radioactive wastes :it could seal off North Vietnam .

16. Takao

Takao Ace

Why? Oh, why? Do I not believe you...

PS: And, it was Korea, not Vietnam

17. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

If it could seal of NKorea, it could also seal of the border between the 2 Vietnams .

We know why it was not even given a chance ,although it would have saved the lives of US soldiers .

18. Takao

Takao Ace

You. Are. So. Lost.

19. Takao

Takao Ace

First, MacArthur was not the originator of the idea, it had been brought up and studied before. Representative Al Gore, Sr. first popularized it in 1951, but the idea had been studied as early as 1948.

It wasn't given a chance because we were not capable of doing such a thing during the Korean War.
    Briefly...
    1. It would require a very large cut in Plutonium.
    2. Insufficient radioactive waste materials.
    3. No provisions for producing required waste materials
    4. No methods of shipping or dispersing the waste materials.
    5. Require research into which long lasting elements would be the most effective.

But, chiefly, it was pointed out, I presume by the dumbest of the group, that the barrier could be easily crossed by aircraft or by simply going around it.
    http://cryptome.org/2012/08/fbi-rad-warfare-1951.pdf

So, the barrier was really no barrier at all.

Show me a 16-foot wall, and I will show you a 17-foot ladder.

lwd likes this.
  20. lwd

lwd Ace

It's worth noteing that the NVA went around the border between the two Vietnams anyway. Take a lot of radioactives to put a border around all of even South Vietnam. wouldn't think it would work well in rivers either.