Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Items for sale here SOON............ ...............

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by C.Evans, Feb 1, 2003.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Been talking over some things with Otto and im currently doing research into this particular matter.

Otto and I have been trying to get something to advertise these forumns for quite awhile now.

Forums T-Shirts are in the works-among other things. The reason I wanted to see if we could get something to generate some cash for the forums so it would help Otto pay for the cost of running this thing.

Anyway--another item I thought of and talked to Otto about is: A Personalized Mousepad. Meaning: Out of a selection of images (which I hope I can get someone to post them for me here soon) you can select a Personalized mousepad to use.

You might think it will be very expensive but--nope--I have been talking with a local print-wizard here in CC, TX about the cost of doing this and it is VERY favorable. He will also do my printing work as well.

IF this happens--and I think it will---the cost will be no more than $10.00 and probably less than $10.00--for pad--personalized pic and shipping.

If anyone is interested--please let me know and ill get some selected images together and (will also take ideas at this point) and have someone post them for you to see.

All I want is to regain my cost for these pads and give the profits to Otto to help pay his cost for running this site--and maybe he can then afford to add more items here as well.

Please let me know what you guys think? this depends on the reactions I get.

Some Ideas I already have are:

LW PK Press Foto of a LW Bomber Crew who had flown 1,000 missions and are toasting their 1,000th mission.

KM guys--KM PK foto of an RKT Uboat Commander on the bridge of their Uboats coming back from Patrol with many victory Pennants flying. I have two of these to choose from: 1)Wolfgang Luth 2) Johann Mohr.

Heer PK Press Foto of a Panzergrenadier Squad mounting a STUG III somewhere in Russia.

LW PK Press foto of a flight of several Stukas early in the war--I think they are flying over Crete.

Waffen SS--SS-Heimwehr Danzig mini-artillerir foto.

And of course there will be others available.

Many thanks--Carl. :cool:

2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

How about a book on best stuff on the forums like best joke, best thread etc etc
    As well the TOP mailers ( over 6,000..) could be there telling their life story.
    You could buy several for presents, I think.

I know that would mean alot of work but it could sell well...maybe?

:D

3. Kampfgruppe - von Root

Kampfgruppe - von Root Dishonorably Discharged

Those are great ideas Carl. How about Michael Wittman & his crew staring up at their kill rings. :cool:

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Hoping that Otto sees this sometime during his busy schedule.

Carl, I am all for the mouse pad idea as the graphics on mine are almsot faded off. Can we send when possible a 5x7 pic to you or Otto for something like this to be made ? Also, Otto maybe if you are comfortable with this, please post to the forum members or under FFZ the most incurring costs on a monthly basis for the running of the forums. Several forums I regularly attend have this and seem to be doing well with gifts from it's readers/members. Why not here ?

2 cents from someone on the west coast ;) :D

E

5. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

I can't resist nice mousepads and tend to 'rotate' them : 'Avro Lancaster over the Derwent Dam' has just been 'retired' in favour of the very beautiful 'De Havilland Mosquito' made by Labusch Skywear in Canada....

Seriously guys, count me in ! Anything to support the Forums....

( I notice some of the ideas seem rather Germanic - looks like Bish, Sommecourt, No 9, Smoke 286 and me will have to come up with a few ideas.... ;) [​IMG] )

6. Kampfgruppe - von Root

Kampfgruppe - von Root Dishonorably Discharged

I'm also in favor of a nice heavy duty, long sleeve T-shirt with some nice logos on it? Medals, Badges, Flags of the major participants of WW2, or vehicles, planes, ships......I think we could come up with some nice designs that we all could enjoy.

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Many thanks fellas.

Kai--my life story would put you to sleep before you read three pages ;)

Thanks you Mike--I like that pic as well--only I suppose it is copyrighted. I dont know who owns the rights to it. At least the ones I have--I do own the rights to them. My personal pad--tho I dont have a computer to use yet--will be a pic from a U 181 vet.

Erich--I will use any image sent that is wanted. I think that is a great idea--I think if Otto is comfortable with posting his costs--that it can give us an idea and maybe send on occasion--some help for the costs.

Thank You Martin--im still waiting from this possible source to see what stuff will cost--which I will post here so the costts will be known.

Mike--you hit the nail on the head--Otto is working on that idea too. We have been discussing this idea for about a year or so. Possibly before Seba had the idea. Also already have a few people wanting shirts--Bish said he wanted a few. [​IMG]

There are other items too--which will be very inexpensive to get. I dont know if Otto wants them mentioned yet--so Ill wait til I get word from him.

Anyway--thank you for the support and I'll try to get the ball started with the Mousepads. I have one already--tho I bought it in Germany in 2000--which shows a Tiger Tank from the game: Eastern Front. I have yet to use it, but I will start using my own Mousepads as soon as some can be made.

Also--if someone really wants one personalized--like with a flag of their country on it--or whatever--ill do that too. Alsoif small enough--could also incorporate their flag with a ww2 picture of somekind...

8. Brad T.

Brad T. Member

What about getting a paypal donate icon. And if you do this please accept paypal.

9. Herr Kaleun

Herr Kaleun Member

As to the Wittmann photo, I have Patrick Agte's book on Wittman (the English translation from JJ Fedorowicz Publishing in Canada.) which has that photo and others. Perhaps they could be contacted directly in ascertaining copyright holder.

I could provide photos pertaining to u-boats if needed.

10. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I see it Erich. :D ;)

The ideas here are all great and I appreciate all your support more than you know. Thanks gentlemen.

A few comments about money first:
    Currently, I am not accepting donations for this site. I got a great deal from my hosting company, and the cost isn't a huge as you might think. As well, the fact that the site is fully paid for by me, I am free to act on the site as I personally see fit. I feel that accepting donations would compromise the autonomy I presently enjoy with respect to the Forums, and allows me the autonomy I desire at this point. For example: as this is technically a "personal" site, I can boot anyone off the site without reservation or explanation, (If you were here for the Honts/Stump fiasco, you know what I’m referring to). Public donations might not immediately sacrifice that autonomy, but they could possibly put the WW2Forums and me, on the road to a loss of that freedom.

The core of the money issue is as follows:
    Accepting donations is something I will do only when I am completely sure that the repercussions will result in the best possible state of affairs for the WWII Forums. I'm not ruling out that in time there might be a paypal button somewhere on the site, but currently there are no plans for this.

Besides, I would much rather give something tangible in return for a “donation”. Carl’s mouse pad idea is great, and as a Co-Administrator here I appreciate and will gladly accept his efforts to generate funds for the Forums. With respect to Carl’s efforts in this area I’m going to outline here two important thins about venture. First and foremost will be that Carl’s initial costs and any operating costs are fully covered. Second is that any funds generated by this venture will go directly into the Forums. I won’t divert a penny for purposes other than these WWII Forums.

I am currently working on a three-step promotions venture that will include, in order, postcards, stickers and T-shirts. All will be priced very reasonably, and all proceeds will benefit the Forums. More on this as it surfaces.

11. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thank you Ivan---ill "talk to you" about a few pics after I finally get to you what I owe--and then some. I dont know anyone who would have almost 2-1/2 years patience waiting for an item--as you have been.

Also--I do thank Otto for the permisso. I feel as if ive really inherited something very important--which is this site--well partly inherited. All I want is the best for it too--as you guys do.

Ill do my best to keep the mousepad idea--at no more than $10.00--which I can if this person I met can get me the stuff as cheap as he said he could. Im going to try to talk more with him tonight after I take Sarge to work--and see if I can tell you guys more tomorrow. BTW--he runs and Internet service as well as a seperate Internet Cafe--so I imagine he is always busy.

Anyway--if he has his materials sources--my cost including shipping stands at about $9.00 each. This would leave Otto a mere $1.00 per pad--not much but a start. Also--I talked to this guy about possibly selling more pads on ebay--so any profits from there would also go for this site. :D

12. Brad T.

Brad T. Member

What about an forum for sale. Instead of the one you already have we could have where you list. People could have their own WW2 Forums Shop. This could also atract more people to the forums.

13. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Actually there is something like that here in the Militaria section. Items for sale--butI know thats not what is in mind--a seperate section would be nice. Anyway--now that my relocation is suspended for about a month--I can take the time and do some more research on the mousepads deal.

14. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

Carl-I have a great subdued pic of a German soldier with foliage in his helmet-wearing the IAB, EK2, EK1 AND Panzer Assault Badge-it would look great on a mousepad...

15. charlie don't surf

charlie don't surf Member

I also have a great pic. It's four pzkpfw III (early version) crewmembers standing on the turret looking down. It's one of the greatest posed panzer photos I've seen.

Best regards/ Daniel

16. Otto

Panzerknacker, that sounds like a great photo. I wouldn't mind seeing that image, do you have a scan of it you can email me?

I wouldn't mind seeing this one either Charles.

17. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

18. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

Otto-sorry to bring it up here-but have you considered about me being moderator on the forums? Cheers, Ryan

19. Otto

Moderators will need to be "reset" when I overhaul the Forums and add/delete a bunch of them. Email me then, as I think you'd be a great moderator!

20. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Ryan--Daniel--that sounds real good to me.

I went by the dealers shot uesterday but--he wasnt in--so ill try again tomorrow when im out with Sarge.