Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Its all out there, if you want to be a reenactor

Discussion in 'World War 2 Hobbies' started by aquist, Sep 16, 2005.

1. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    I went surfing for German and American ww2 uniforms and field gear, and believe me its all out there . Its cheaper than it ever was . just go to ebay and look under German Helmets, German, or US Army uniform s there are tunic sets with jacket and pants for $150,
    Real German Helmets for 70$ all kinds of acoutrements, like Wephaus suspenders for 6.95 US HBT, Boots, Jackets usw. you can get kitted out for reasonable prices. so if you are worried, confused, dejected, cheer up. its all good.

2. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Computer as reenactor gear

Really haveing a PC is just about essential of you want to find stuff or stay in touch with the reenactment community. there are lists on yahoo groups for the big four US UK Red Army and Wehrmacht go there and join, there are also forums like this one and others. Join them

and get in yahoo chat or something to stay in real time chat with fellow reenactors

3. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    heres a for instance or zum beispiel

www.reenactor.net this is a good place to start. after that their links will lead you to whatever you are most interested in. I like all the sites but tanks in ww2 is my fav. people treat you right here

4. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    cooler weather

yes its gettting cooler which means you can wear your uniform without getting it all sweaty. today the bikers were in town and I was wishing I had a BMW 750 with a side car and an MG 34 mounted and ride around with full uniform lol :lol:

5. merlin phpbb3

merlin phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    mo bike

Present for you KP.Two pics from weekend Sep.9/10/11th at the Victory show.(the chap with crash helmet came from Amsterdam just for weekend!)

6. merlin phpbb3

merlin phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    mo bike

Please note!!! invaluable piece of the 'back-bone of the British Army'
    equipment on rear pannier bag of 'Beezer'!

7. merlin phpbb3

merlin phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    pics

PLEASE, PLEASE, someone tell me that the pictures I've just posted and viewed are still there!!!
    Because they are not there for me, or the ones I've viewed in another Re-enactor thread!
    I give up!!! they are there now!!! (edited)

8. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    pix of the backbone

they are there and very welcome too.I havent seen anyones pix in so long its depressing so thanks for a peek at how the other side plays. Hot Springs is inundated with motorcycles this week end but so far no military ones have been seen by this fan. They have just taken over in incredible variety and diversity mostly they are Harley Davidsons, but a few rice burners snuck in with them.

9. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Austin's coup

he showed up at the meeting with fab M36 Uniform, one of the tunic sets(pants included) from China. well done and affordable($150) see I told Ya, Austin Sublett continues to be the wonderment of the unit, recruited at the Lions Club gun show- he is on the ball

10. germanm36tunic

germanm36tunic New Member

via TanksinWW2
    :bang:
    I thought those german uniforms on ebay are great. If you want to get a german uniform cheap and good stuff that is the place.

11. Revere

Revere New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Re: mo bike

we got a lokay man in my city who sould me american uniform +82nd air borne helmet and brit helm ammo packs for only $40$

12. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    local man

WOW!......................omg there are some airborne types that would have a myiocardial infarction if they heard that. the Helmet alone....well never mind

13. Zhukov_2005

Zhukov_2005 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    What's the difficulty in getting a replica (real preferably :D ) WWII era submachine gun, speacifcally a MP-40 or Sten?

Yeah, scare the s**t out of the Hell's Angels wannabes! :lol:

14. Tom phpbb3

Tom phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    You wanna hear about a deal? A 101st guy, who used to reenact the ACW told me of a guy in his outfit who went to an estate sale. He purchased a trunk, which looked to have some old papers, and miscellaneous junk in it. Nothing fancy, or so he thought. When he got home, and emptied the trunk, he found something interesting.

An entire cavalry (or was it Dragoons?) uniform, head to toe!!! Apparently, the guy came home from the war, and put it away for safekeeping, and it was forgotten about.

Oh, yeah, you're probably interested in the price. Are you seated? How's $150 sound????? :eek:

Every so often, somebody gets lucky. Won't ever be me, though! :(