Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Japanese Art

Discussion in 'Art of War' started by Jba45ww2, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Jba45ww2

Jba45ww2 Well-Known Member

This grouping of Japanese art/prints include a guide that I assume includes a description of each print. I believe they were from very early on in the war since most appear to represent British scenes. They are in great condition and came in a portfolio that was tied with a ribbon.
    DSC01948c.JPG
    DSC01949c.JPG
    DSC01950c.JPG
    DSC01951c.JPG DSC01952c.JPG
    DSC01953c.JPG DSC01954c.JPG DSC01955c.JPG DSC01956c.JPG DSC01957c.JPG

lwd, Otto, Half Track and 1 other person like this.
  2. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.

3. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

There has to be a forum where they can translate that stuff. Photograph the text?

4. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Your holdings never cease to amaze me. I'm thinking Larry (OpanaPointer) is correct. I'm sure you can get stuff translated.

5. OpanaPointer

Forurmaxishistory.com has people who might help. One or two of them could give you bios on every person in the pictures. ;)

6. lwd

lwd Ace

jaircraft has a number of people that help with such fairly often as well.

7. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

#5, second pic.
    Seems to show M3 Stuarts. (Quite accurate depictions)
    Maybe the US PTG at Bataan.

8. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

9. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

Certain Victory

By Myamoto Sabuto, apparently.
    I dare say the other prints might be equally well-documented, but am currently struggling while looking from a phone.

Screenshot_20190228-142032.jpg

10. Jba45ww2

Jba45ww2 Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity I thought I would try using the Scan & Translate App on the description portfolio that came with the prints. I know that the language structure might have changed but wanted to get a general description of the print
    jba1.JPG
    aaaaa.JPG
    Karidiyanai Conference picture The invincible Imperial Army, which landed enemy in Bantam Way on March 1,, occupied the stronghold Kallijyati airfield of the Ranjo Air Force as early as the next day, destroying the opposition of the enemy well She stuck to the enemy 's capital city Bandung. On the seventh day of the month, I wanted Bandon during the call, for the military who showed me the impatience of one sleeve, the commander Pesmane Nakamizu of the same country asked for a local ceasefire, but I Finally, the following day the Governor-General Chardas Van Starkenpolk appeared at the Kallijyati airport as a bell tower of the army minister Tel Bolten, Director General of the Army, Bengni local government official and so on, Imamura commander saw him. After 16 o'clock, one precious staff of former Lan Kwang Army flying school officials' official residence, once in a room where Ranjo Air Force chiefs consciously made a fight against the other day, they could be covered with a dark colored cloth The big table was sandwiched between the things that came, the destroyed things, and the lights shook vivid light and dark. Imamura commander first asked the governor and the army chief about the possessions he possesses. The Governor said that he had faint eyes and had no power to command. The Army Secretary also asked for surrender only in the Bandung district again and it seemed like hesitating to reply to the unconditional surrender in all areas of the Lanqiang, but the commander of the Imamura Army gave him ten minutes' worth I retired to Chardas which will affect. The picture is a momentary moment when the commander of the Imamura Army ordered the enemy governor to take off as soon as possible. After ordering the battlefield, ought not to surrender to Terbolten

11. OpanaPointer

NVM