Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Jean Boíssel - photo with signature

Discussion in 'Photographs and Documents' started by Kai-Petri, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

If I am correct this person was

French architect; severely disabled WWI veteran; founder of International Fascist Racism (Racisme International Fascisme - RIF) 1934, later renamed the French Front (Le Front Franc); active member, Universal Anti-Jewish League (la Ligue Antijuive Universelle); one of the founders of the French Volunteer Legion Against Bolshevism (Légion des Volontaires Français contre le Bolchévisme); paid German agent {imprisoned by the French Daladier government Oct 1939; released by the Germans 10 Jul 1940; arrested after the liberation of France by French authorities on collaboration charges; put on trial; convicted 28 Jun 1946 and sentenced to death with confiscation of property; death sentence commuted 2 Dec 1946 ("radié de la Légion d'honneur, gracié le 2 décembre 1946"); died in French custody 19 Oct 1951 (Hilberg, La destruction des Juifs d'Europe, 1988; Foreign Legions of the 3rd Reich vol. I, p. 126).}

Wonder if the photo with signature is worth much?

Skipper perhaps? ;)

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Not worth a fortune (it's a matter of demand) , but certainly interesting. I'd be ready to pay about 30 euros for such an historical document.

3. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Thanx alot Skipper. I thought it is one interesting piece of history,too. Thanx for the answer, I needed to know how much I could offer for this...