Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

JG 300 book....... an update

Discussion in 'WWII Books & Publications' started by Erich, Nov 6, 2002.

1. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

No probs Stevin!

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

well it appears that the French version will be shown and sales given at the Paris airshow come mid-June.

Eagle edtions has another 4-6 weeks as I heard this today for volume 1. Both French and English translations seem to be quite similiar although the profile artists will be different. Claes Sundin is being used for the French work....

for now E ~

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

latest..

just heard the Crandalls are exepcting the book from thenpublsihere any day now.........

good ! :D

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

friend Neil Page has just pointed out to me that the French version of JG 300, volume 1 is being shown and for sale at the Paris Air show today.

ok E.E. wheres the book ?? ;)

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

the cover of the French version, volume 1

[​IMG]

E.E. seems to have deceided in releasing the English volume at the IPMS in mid-July that is of course the volume is released from customs in time....

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

well about time, the book is being released to the public attending the US IPMS modellers show/Atlanta, GA from the 20-23rd of this month, first volume, English edition and by the time mid-next week Eagle should be back and ready to sell the volume out of their shop

E

7. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

the book should be at my doorstep in about 2 weeks. will give all a full acct once it is in my office staring at me.........read me, read me ! The European orders should be going out by months end. Mrs. Crandall is now proof reading and setting up the second volume for publication this fall.........I hope.

several other notable aviation titles should also be due by Christmas from the firm.

E ~

8. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Finally....This was quite a difficult birth, but I am sure ity is a beautiful baby! ;)

9. Jack Russell

Jack Russell Member

Hello gentlemen,

Can anyone tell me if the english version of JG300 is already on the market ?

10. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Hi JR, yes, I understand it is. It is published by Eagle Editions and they are now sending off the pre-orders.

Stevin

11. Jack Russell

Jack Russell Member

Hello Stevin,

Much obliged for your info. I'm still doubting to buy because it's a lot of money to me.On the other hand I don't know how big the output will be and don't want to risk searching it in a couple of years and paying even more ! That said, I think it's a marvellous subject for WW 2 German Aviation addicts ! ( As I am )

12. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

another frikcin fire outside my home town so I am not on the net much the last days......

26 copies were given out at the IPMS in July this year in Atlanta, Jduy C. is sending out preorders and the list is incredibly long. Once the so-called pre-orders are out then the rest of the Us will get theres in the shops and then Europe. I ordered mine months ago and the cofirmation was on the 3rd of august but alas still no book on my doorstep. Either this sucka is the most popular book to hit the shelves this year or there are major foul ups at EE shop although i was told they just hired to folk just to get the books out via shipping dept.

In any case and although I have a ton of info on this unit gathered from over 35 years of research and one staffel will be coverd in our forthcopming book, this maybe the volume(s) that all future Luftw. unit histories will have to compare to. They should since this is over 25 or more years of intense research and even after the vol 1 was published in French and English the two French authors found more details so they maybe placed in errat data in the second volume. Volume 2 in one chapter alone is covering more Bf 109's in photos than any other book in existance on the ost front......Martin take note. III. gruppe primarily did fight over the Reich but they were placed close to berlin so fought US and Soviet A/C in 1945.

over and out...... Stevin I have your messages just give me a bit more time, things are pretty chaotic due to several circumstances in my neck of the woods.....

13. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

volume 2 will cover the last ditch for Berlin so many of the gruppens 109's will be shown flying in defecne of their airfields and Berlin and the eastern proper, with many first person accounts.

here is a blurb on the first volume........

go order the book !!
    [​IMG]

14. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

15. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

the first volume dropped on my doorstep two days ago.

first reaction: A heavy 6-pound book, the cover a bit bright for my tastes in blue with upper band in red. Immediately goes off into the beginnings of facing off with RAF bomber command and the problems with Window-July 1943 and the single engine prop job encounters that Hajo Hermann formulates. At least 10 chapters of chronological day/eve listings with many first person accounts. Profiles are indeed excellent by artist Tom Tullis, and although I have seen many of the 400 photos they do nothing but add to the mission/operational atmosphere correcting many of the photographic mistakes in captions on the JG 300 website. Indeed, JG 300 in it's infancy borrowed Fw's/Bf 109's from at least 3 seperate day fighter Geschwadern for it's nocturnal flights. Towards the end a very concise losses and then victories listings up to September 16, 1944. With a special inclusion for the basis of Wilde Sau tactics and the night time training Schule JG 110.

volume 2 due in the winter or 2006 follows up with special emphasis on III. gruppe and the unit on the Ost front. have heard it will be a Bf 109ers dream come true with many many photos not seen before.

Must had a warm thankyou to friend Neil Page for all his hard efforts on translating this English volume as well as from the German to the French....a job well done

Erich ♪

16. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

17. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

you are right and what shines about the JG 300 book is the text at least from the German point of view ~ JG 300's that is...

yes save the monies Martin becasue it is going to cost

wonder what Dr. Boitens new NJG release will cost me since it will be published in your country ? it should be excellent

18. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Is it known when it will be published, Erich? I look forward to this book but hope it will be a bit more structured than his last books.

19. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Is this the much-awaited Nachtjagd claims book ?

20. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

oh geez I knew you guys were going to ask for specifics.

last time I chatted with him he has two books in the works. The Nacht` air war book is going to be December or early spring 2006 covering first person activities of both the NJG and the RAF.

the claims book is due out in summer ? or fall of 2006 but will be more than a usual, so and so shot down 1 RAF Lancster in quadrant blah blah blah. many first person accounts as well as photos. Both books essential reading and he is due another letter from me soon :D there was mention by him of what publishing firm but.......typical me it is lost or buried in the masses on the shelves