Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

John Weal

Discussion in 'WWII Books & Publications' started by L-Raiser, Oct 4, 2017.

1. L-Raiser

L-Raiser Member

I am a avid collector of Ospreys' aviation collections (Aircraft of the Aces and Aviation Elite Units), my favorites usually are the Luftwaffe titles, which were written by John Weal.
    Lately however he's not publishing any books, i think the last one was published about a year ago.
    Does anyone know what happened to him? Or if he has any new book due to be released.

Cheers!!

2. JJWilson

JJWilson Well-Known Member

I love Ospreys aviation books! I have over 20 of them, I know for certain I have at least one of Weal's Luftwaffe books. The last Osprey book I got was about 2 years ago, so I unfortunately have no clue as to what's going on with them right now :(

3. L-Raiser

L-Raiser Member

HI,
    I know the aviation titles are still going strong. Although, unfortunately, the Aviation Elite Unit Series ended.
    But what i really want to know is what happened to the author John Weal, the las book he published was in october 2016, since then... nothing.
    Even the Luftwaffe titles from the Aircraft of the Aces are being written by another author.

4. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Couldn't find an obit, so that's good news.

5. FalkeEins

FalkeEins Member

..what happened to John Weal? ..well he must be about 80 years old and if you ask me his out-dated artworks were long over-due for retirement..