Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

K98 rifle stock...heel and toe..

Discussion in 'Small Arms and Edged Weapons' started by sniper1946, Jan 19, 2011.

1. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

Here's one that has puzzled me, for what reason did the K98 rifle butt have the reverse toe and heel? in nearly all rifles I've seen, the heel is always the thickest part of the comb/the top, and the toe is the thinnest part, considering the heel is the strongest part, and mostly hits/comes into contact with the ground first. any offers?

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Ray, my Mauser Sniper comes with a more evenly thick surface. Mine is one built in 1935-has the 25 round (fixed) magazine-stamped 1936. I dont know if they differ b y year or not? but I only has one other WWII German Mauser-which was an almost all matching numbered piece I got about 15 or so years ago that was allegedly one of those Stalingrad Battlefield pickups that one of the biggest importers here in the USA has tons of for sale. These of course were per-having to be stamped from country of origin) rifles.

3. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

mine too is from russian captured rifles ..still is a good rifle, made by steyr, 660 code

4. TacticalTank

TacticalTank Member

My website has some info on the K98K, im not sure if it will help, but give it a look

www.ww2expert.webs.com