Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Kerr Monroe's Elwick Hauntings

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by Spitfire_XIV, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Spitfire_XIV

Spitfire_XIV Member

Hey all :]

Just thought I'd let you know I'm writing a fiction book that contains short stories about the strange goings on at a fictional wartime RAF bomber base, Elwick, from the point of view of an ex-navigator, Kerr Monroe, DFC, who has turned into an aviation paranormal investigator. I've finished the first short story "The Tale Of The Polish Gunner", about a young Polish rear gunner who, every September 28, tries to get people to search for his crew and crashed Lancaster B.III, YG-S (Sugar), out on the Norfolk Broads, after returning from a bombing raid on Kaiserslautern, in Germany.

I'm currently writing the second short story, "A Game Of Pool", where unwitting patrons of Elwick's only pub enter into a game of pool with a New Zealand bomb-aimer and Canadian navigator for fifty quid, only to find out the two airmen have returned as friendly spirits to play their favorite past time until the end of time.

I'll keep you up to date on the book and how the publishing side of it goes as well.

ULITHI likes this.