Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Knights Cross Recipients names list nearing completion.

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by C.Evans, Apr 21, 2002.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

In case you are wondering what the h@#$ I am talking about, I will explain.

There are several here who are as much into wanting to know what we can about all 7,311 Knights Cross Recipients of ww2. What I am working on is a complete listing (to make references much easier) of all 7,311 RKTs.

This project I started about 3 months ago and the main portion is nearing completion-meaning: If you want to look up any RKT--you can do so in alphabetical order according to what type of unit he served in. For instance: If you are looking up general information on say--on a Gebirgejager RKT, this is what you will see:

Oberfeldwebel Max Burghartswieser, Stosstruppfuhrer 7th Btn Gebirgsjager Regiment 100. Award date: 7 (July) 9 (day) 1941. It will be in a more condensed form and will be something like:
    Ofw Max Burghartswieser, Stosstrfuh, 7 Geb Rgmt 100. 7-9-41.

This will also be expanded on before I send all this to Otto, whice will have all recipients of the Oak Leaves--their units when they got the O.L., ranks dates etx--same goes for the recipients of the swords, and then the 27 recipients of the diamonds.

Let me know what you think on this project--Its a LOT of time and work--especially when I have so little time to anything as it is.

2. Modus

Modus Member

I can't wait. Keep up the progress, and keep us posted.

- Awaiting anxiously,

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thank you for the interest. It is alot of long and hard work--even if alot of the material is from just two sources--all in German.