Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Korean war research my father was a captain. Coast Guard

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Artyfarty, Jan 11, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Artyfarty

Artyfarty New Member

I would like to research my father. Robert Charles Evans. Fought in Korean war and was a Captain for Coast Guard. He one day while driving pull up one pants leg, show me 3 bullet wounds scars and big scars told me he kept fighting. He was very strong. I was in disbelief to see those scars and the size of them how he didn't get his leg shot off. Like he didn't limp, and or why he show me that out of the blue. I love my father so much. Anyway, he just explained the he was shot 3 times in leg got medical assistance, and i guess chose to keep fighting, maybe had choice??

He show me a plaque that coast guard taught him to make knots from rope and make the plaque. If anything i could have i want the plaque my father made?? Where did that go.? Something he made with his own hands that I would cherish. The only picture i have, period, is my father holding his only grandson with a big smile i wanted him to be proud of me. And this kid my son is make me so very proud now. Its unbelievable.

I am the luckiest person in this world. Not one of the luckiest. THE LUCKIEST. I'm so proud my father, because he FOUGHT FOR ME to be alive, Thank you dad I love you sir. I realize i should look up to him. He taught the simplest lesson. I learned and still learn from this lesson. HONESTY is the lesson. I only know he was a Leo maybe born in1918 Aug 1st. He was 10 yrs older my mother, Shirley Rita Evans, or maiden name, Premont

My name is Arthur Louis Evans. LOUIS EVANS was my fathers fathers name. And was a sheriff in St. Cloud, Florida. Arthur was my mother's father's name. And was an upholstery master in Massachusetts, I've seen reupholster car seats w. real zebra skin. And a police motorcycle seat w. zebra skin. I wish I had that picture still?? W. Me sitting on the police motorcycle.

I love my name. My brother i believe 8.08.1953 is Robert Charles Evans Junior. Named after our father. Also have sister that has passed born 1952.Cathryn Madeline Evans. I'm the only child born Florida. They called me the mistake, but i thought that funny and still do. LOL.???

Please reply i would beg to see any picture of my father w. Military related of possible. I do remember maybe seeing a picture of him in all white uniform long long time ago. My father was 45 when i was born too. I'm October 26 1964, born in Mercy Hospital, Dunedin, Florida.

I really wanted to introduce myself , seems this website is here but not ss viral as YouTube. Not too many people want care or remember the past. I just join really with one ? I would like know truth about World War 2. My mother's father was Arthur P. & fought WW1, Arty D, Arthur Daniels Premont my mother's brother fought World War 2, not much they told me i was so very young.

But Thank you to Arthur Premont fought for me and world to be alive World War 1. Thank you Arthur Daniels Premont fought for me and world to be alive World War 2, and Thank you Robert Charles Evans senior who fought and took 3 bullets to his leg for me and the whole world..

OpanaPointer likes this.