Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Kreigsferrer if I may ...

Discussion in 'World War 2 Hobbies' started by Canadian_Super_Patriot, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Canadian_Super_Patriot

Canadian_Super_Patriot recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Kreigsferrer , seeing this topic since it started you have made anywhere from %70-80 of the posts which in itself is astounding , but you said you had 18 friends/re-enacters you would convince to come on this forum , but the only person you have brought on is your son , who really makes everyone else mad and dosen't contribute to the forum(no offence), to me this seems this is your personnel playground , can you still defend the need for such a topic ?

Allthough there are other people posting , there is really no activity by other members here , making a reenactment topic in the members lounge would suffice, because in my opinion there isn't enough activity from other people to warrant a whole Topic on the subject.

2. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    It took the admin a long time to realize that the sheer amount of topics on the subject in the Lounge and the promise that a whole group of reenactors would join this forum, warranted a Reenactment section. Most of our objections were listed by you just now. However, now we have one, and even if it is in practice somewhat like Kriegspfarrer's personal playground this doesn't make reenactment in general any less interesting. There are also some other members engagin in reenacting (Corpcasselbury, JCalhoun) who have their thing to add every now and then.

Besides, Kriegspfarrer is one of the oldest members (both in actual age and in duration of membership) and deserves some respect for this, such as that you spell his nickname right. ;)

3. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    I don't post here much (if at all) but I quite enjoy reading it.

I reckon that it is a good thing. :cool:

4. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Not wishing to de-rail this, but why should the respect afforded a member of the forum be in any way dependant on their age or duration of membership? For example I have been on here slightly longer than Ricky (Sorry to use you as an example ;) ) and am slightly older than him, so do I deserve more respect than him?

Respect is something that is earned rather than deserved.

I do not think CSP's post was in any way disrespectful towards Kreigspfarrer, he was asking (In my opinion) a perfectly valid question.

5. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    The difference between you and Ricky is slight. Kriegspfarrer was around these forums before I was, and back then, it would have been a very quiet place if not for his posts on reenactment. And since he is in his sixties, the age difference is somewhat greater also.

6. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Agreed, but with all due respect, what difference does it make? Are we now grading the respect a member deserves on their length of service and age?

I repeat: Why should the respect afforded a member of the forum be in any way dependant on their age or duration of membership?

7. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    So you only deserve slightly more respect than me!
    :D

Sorry - I have been trying hard not to make a 'poking fun' post on here but just could not resit any more. :oops:

8. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    :lol:

9. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    It's not.

10. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Replied by PM.

11. Castelot

Castelot New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Very true.
    And I remember that my very first post on this forum(nearly 2 years ago) was directed at him.
    For months I typed "WW2 Tanks Kriegspfarrer" into Google to get here.

12. apostulator

apostulator New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Kriegspfarrer

Well, I finally joined after looking at posts from time to time. I wouldn't have seen them if they were in the members lounge, right? I have seen WW2 tanks at reenactments...running. Have ridden on a few. Beats a static display, and its nice to meet fellow WW2 tank and weapons enthusiasts. Hopefully, more and more vintage fighting vehicles will make there way out of junkyards and be restored fully operational. Don't mean to get all "touchy, feely", but the close up expierence at an event really adds alot to the understanding. Meeting the vets who ran 'em is a big plus also since many of them do attend. And their numbers are dwindleing fast. Cheers...

13. Tom phpbb3

Tom phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Well, I'd like to post in here, but I don't feel qualified yet. This weekend I'll be attending my first reenactment. I'm borrowing most of the minimum gear I need, just to get out into the field and run around fighting the Amis. I'm gonna be looking mighty farby, too!

So, all you would-be authors, and website owners, start ordering maps from me! I need $$$ to buy more reenacting gear! Then I'll feel comfortable posting here! ;)

14. Caroline phpbb3

Caroline phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    What does that mean?? :-?

I think its great that more people are getting involved. I do like to see reenactments at shows and other public displays. :)

15. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Good luck, I hope you enjoy yourself. It's not something that's ever interested me to be honest, but I genuinely hope you have fun.

16. Canadian_Super_Patriot

Canadian_Super_Patriot recruit

via TanksinWW2
    today there were 2 army reservists at my school in the lobby sitting at a table full of pamphlets and bookmarks , and they were looking for people to join the army reserves , does the military do this kind of stuff at any of your schools ?

17. dave phpbb3

dave phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    we had a navy commander come around a few days ago
    few people bothered to see him and i was one of them

18. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    re Farby

caroline, it means to be unauthentic. so its our worst fear and worst insult, I had the same farb fear at my first battle, it turned out to be fine, I wasnt any farbier than the others perhaps less farby

19. Caroline phpbb3

Caroline phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Many thanks Kriegspfarrer :)

20. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    recruiters at schools

they have a quota, meeting that quota means they get to keep their job. Schools are full idealistic young people, where else would you go to find the best and brightest? people who object to recruiters on campus just dont understand the deal. the Government has to protect the country they need new people all the time to replace those who leave or are killed. As a teacher I was always happy to see my students take a burst and go through that rite of passage. and sure there is danger but there is danger everywhere.