Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Kriege Memories by Ben Phelper

Discussion in 'Photographs and Documents' started by thom, Feb 8, 2011.

1. thom

thom recruit

I am assisting my mother to find the value of the hard cover book Kriege Memories by Ben Phelper. This book is the basis of the movie and play, Stalag 17. The book is in very good condition and is signed by Ben Phelper. Any input will be appreciated.

blutoubtemium likes this.
  2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Something like that you should consult a rare books dealer. I knkow of one or two who are in Colorado, but lost their info. They both sell on ebay, but-I don't remember their names. You might try to google rare books dealers and that might be your best way to do.

3. tlalphinlucie

tlalphinlucie recruit

I also have a signed book by Mr. Phelper that is deidicated to my father and the rest of the men.
    He has shared soem amazing horrifying stories with me as well.
    He was a pilot & nose gunner in a B17. shot down over france, shot through the leg,captured, and spent 2.5 years in a POW camp and walked two death marches..My Uncle left colege and joined the Marines and was killed on the shores of Iwojima. My grandfather was in WWI, subjected to mustard gas, died at the age or 72. My father died at the age of 75 due to being sujected to radiation from two of the test sites. I still have documentation of the operations.. quite wild.. would love to share stories and would love to hear yours. Thank you for listening.

4. Anthony Smith

Anthony Smith New Member

I use to read this book as it belonged to my father who was a B17 tail .gunner shot down over the English channel. He was 1 of 2 people that survived the crash. He then was picked up by a French fishing boat and turned in to the Germans where he spent 18 months in a prison camp in Austria

5. Sharon McGinty

Sharon McGinty New Member

Hi. I never thought to search this book but I have an original copy of this same book. My Uncle Francis McGinty (Fran or Frank depending on who’s talking) was a pilot for the RCAF and was in the camps after being shot down. I’ve always been fascinated by this book which includes a letter he wrote to my grandmother (his stepmother) just before Christmas where he talks about my father who was just a little boy. I can’t wait to share this with my brothers. I know they’ll be interested.