Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Lancasters lost 2./3. November 1944 ?

Discussion in 'Air War in Western Europe 1939 - 1945' started by Erich, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Skipper I have heard of that NJG 1 title. question does it cover anything in the way of personell and craft of I./NJG 1 later in the war with the He 219A ?

for the 4/5 November 44: NJG 1 and NJG 2 were up again in strength, air combat in the areas of Mettingen, Essen, Düsseldorf Dortmund/Goch and Geldern and places unknown at 19.45 hrs a Unteroffizier Jänicke claimed a B-17 over Düsseldorf for his 2nd victory. Feldwebel Kubetz of II./NJG 2 claimed a Mosquito as his 3rd victory. I./NJG 11 was up in some attendance with several pilots making claims but only Oberleutnant Krause being given confirmation over Bochum as his 5th victory, a Lancaster

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

In fact a second volume is in preparation which should mention the UHU . this mainly talks about the times in Twente and the earlier days with great pics of the Dornier Kraus too.

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Mein Gott what are doing up ?

ok Skipper since you are please keep us/me advised about that second volume if you would please....sounds like it might be worth a look

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

So you noticed I got up at 5.am this morning? I have a lot to do and I wasn't really sleepy anymore, so yes I got up early. I will keep you informed. The author told me not before 2009, so be patient.

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

I did not sleep much as well with these fall allergies..........ah well

5./6. November 2 claims submitted by Hans Krause of 6./NJG 101 (not Josef whomever that is). flying I beleivve a Bf 110G-4 but maybe a Ju 88 in the weapons/radar training Geschwader. hans was a very proficient marksman. 2 B-24's at 23.22 and 23.21 at LK-3/KL-7 grid reference south of Klagenfurt. wonder though if these were Polish Libs or US 15th AF 2461st squadron .........or ?

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

I forgot to insert a photo of the pilot H.K. who later was in NJG 4 flying a new Ju 88G-6 with Berlin 240 radar, he was on Unternehmen Gisela and was nearly tragically shot down by an Moskito NF.

Attached Files:

7. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Thanks for posting this good quality picture of Hans. I was just reading Operation Gisela.

8. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Skipper, Gisela I was at one time going to publish a small softback on but waiting for the info from Theo's book as he covers it extensively at least 4-6 pages of his monster tome to come. many turned around due to mechanical failure and of course you know about the stupid losses on the way home due to the large weather front that came over Germany, crews bailed out due to loss of fuel and could not find theirs or an A/F to land at.

9. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

6./7. November 1944

the LW NF's claimed 11 Lancasters in a long running battle, west of Reheine and surrounding areas and in the area aoaf Dortmund and Münster and to the SW.

7 Lancasters shot down by He 219 crews were reported with Leutnant Otto Fries claiming 3 of them (Martin has more on Herr Fries whom he met at a special gathering).

Hauptman Schnaufer of Stab./NJG 4 claimed 3 and Leutnant Fensch of 4./NJG 4 claimed another for his 15th victory

10. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Erich I sent you a pm

11. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

ah ok I await for it to arrive ~ :D there are cyberdemons alive and well I think in the air today. I'm having Pc probs

7./8. November 1944 ~ 0 is this correct, no RAF night raid(s) this night(s) I may have gaps in this data listings, I do see training accidents for several nights sadly ...... onward through middle of November. almost like here in southern Oregon with 0 to 35 foot visibilities and soupy to add forthwith