Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Lance Armstrong the Tour biggest cheater falls eventually

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by chocapic, Aug 24, 2012.

1. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

There was a picture on the sports yesterday that showed who should get the titles. Of the first three finishers for the last six years or so, only one (a third place finisher) was not found to be doping. I guess no one is worthy of the title.

2. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

I was under the impression that virtually all of his teamates had officially claimed that he was the ring leader?

They even went as far as to claim that he also gave him advice and help on what drugs to take in order to beat the tests?

If this is the case, it would be quite difficult to catch him testing positive....

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Slon you are correct, but big money and Lance had it, speaks volumes.............. it's time for him to leave center stage permanently and for cylcing whether pro or not clean itself up, time to wipe the butt pookers off the cycling shoes boyz. "My" sport has been deemed the worst of the worst for too many years.

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Testimonies from his former team mates won't help either.

5. chocapic

chocapic Member

Bitter much ?
    Ze French conspiracy against Armstrong, then ze French conspiracy covering his chemical feats ? Make your choice bro !
    You can be an outstanding athlete and a dopehead, Armstrong was both, and no doubt he was the best rider at the time, among his dopehead competitors.
    I don't care at all about cycling, but watching his righteous posture and his blind faithed fans going down the drain is priceless and I fondly remember the anti French material I was rewarded with on this very forum on this very subject, a few years ago.

Don't be mad bro, you'll be provided a new doped golden veal soon enough

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

probably so on the new king of cycling - dope, people will never learn. this is still conducted in a very non-professional way, am curious though what the French TdF advisory board has to say as the last I heard they have done nothing but probably sitting back with a nice Glas of wine laughing at the US committee's trying to bury Lance. And Chocapic this really has nothing to do with anti-French feelings, the US support groups of course are one way or the other, I think the guy has always stunk and I am a rider myself but his cancer foundation truely is a God-send, since fighting the evil right now within my body I know this as fact . . . . . as far as can be seen right now Mr. Armstrong may just fade away with his millions.

7. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

8. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Ditto Erich , his cancer foundation is a good thing ,but we can admire him for his good deeds and not for his cheating. These are two different matters. As to the French board of the tdf, when they got blood samples , they were accused of being biased , including on this forum (by Mussolini ) , despite having neutral labs . Samples were analysed by swiss labs too, and Armstrong still claimed this was not proof because they could have used older samples instead. Now it's the U.S. board who has to deal with the affair, but in the end it will be the International board who will decide whether his titles should be cancelled or not.

9. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

yes indeed Skip on the International board, lance has particpated and rightly so with his former team-mates too many Euro tours not just TdF which was alswys the "big" one in his eyes or shall we might say the tour with the most noterity ? I still go back about the US board they do not have the jurisdiction in this matter to settle him out of his titles or deny except possibly US course sanctioned races, as he is particpating in Tri and Bi-athalons

10. SKYLINEDRIVE

SKYLINEDRIVE Member

I couldn't care less about anything then cycling or Lance Armstrong, neither am I anti-french. But I've seen what I've seen!

11. chocapic

chocapic Member

You picked the best possible topic to make such an announcement : D

12. SKYLINEDRIVE

SKYLINEDRIVE Member

I care about biggots, they make me grumpy.

13. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

okay, if you cannot discuss this gently I will have to close this thread without any further notice. After al lthe forum will survive without this "essential" news.

14. 4th wilts

4th wilts Member

Lance Armstrong won le tour 7 times,and will forever be remembered as 'A real fighter,and a true champion ' ,to me.!.

15. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

I'm with you, Lee.

16. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

The thing is, he cheated and does not deserve a place in cycling history....Barry Bonds [cheater] MLB has 762 home runs. He beat out HANK AARON, BABE RUTH, and WILLIE MAYS true honest players...I also feel that Bill Clinton was an absolute creep for the things he did that were absolutely not acceptable, degrading the sanctity of his office...Every person on Earth needs to know they HAVE to perform to a standard. No cheating, stealing, lying[I did not have sexual relations with that woman]. No taking advantage of inside info or technological deficiencies regarding testing....Lance did good with the cancer charity. Does it make up for his original sin..NO. If only everyone had the temerity to do what is right. The world would be such a better place.