Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Lego Concentration Camp kits ..?

Discussion in 'Concentration, Death Camps and Crimes Against Huma' started by PizzaDevil, Feb 2, 2011.

1. PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil Member

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

This is sick. the founder either needs help or he wants to make money on the back of the victims of Nazism. I can't imagine some people actually paid 7500 euros for this.... What's the next step? a lego Mengele? As long as people are willing to pay for this cr.p. there will be some people offering this...

3. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Unbelievable

4. Lippert

Lippert Member

Wow. That's about all I can say.

5. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

Complete non-story.
    A fourteen year old Art project.
    He makes odd & deliberately unsettling artworks (whatever 'odd' is in the art world), sometimes based on kids toys.

[​IMG]

~A

dbf likes this.
  6. belasar

belasar Court Jester

The only thing I can say I am glad that up to now I have never heard of him before, and hope soon to forget him!

7. PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil Member

^

8. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

That's just wrong on so many levels.

9. gst121

gst121 Member

That's wrong. Especially how he portrayed the prisoner as skeletons. Like Skipper said I cant believe people paid thousands of dollars for that stuff.

10. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Since I read the posts first I'll just refrain from clicking the link. Thanks, no reason to waste my time.

11. Radar4077

Radar4077 Member

That is sick.

[​IMG]

Shock treatment? Whatever kid gets entertained by these sets is some kind of homicidal maniac.

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Makes my stomach churn. >:-(( From the dates I noticed in the story, at least this was over 13 years ago-but still doesnt make it right. >:-((

13. theblackalchemist

theblackalchemist Member

And here come the scavengers preying on the aftermath of war,
    No morality, no respect for all,
    lining their pockets with greed and speaking fallacy
    is this what we truly are?

Regards,
    TBA

RabidAlien likes this.
  14. Chef des Todes

Chef des Todes Flight Medic

That's pretty distrubing.

15. RabidAlien

RabidAlien Ace

My sentiments exactly. Frikkin leeches of society...

16. freebird

freebird Member

I think it was more of a statement that a money making scheme.
    If it puts it into the public eye then that's his purpose.

I suppose when you consider the websites devoted to disproving that the Holocaust I guess I can understand why people don't want the world to forget it.

von Poop likes this.
  17. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

My 2nd try at replying to this post.

No, the guy does not HAVE to do this to keep that tragedy in peoples minds. I am a serious photos collector but I flat out refuse to purchase any photo showing dead soldiers or civilians, and I dont need to either to be able to remember them. I see them for auction all the time-captured Partisans-still living, others executed, same thing with Jewish prisoners and such. I dont NEED to see this guys """art""" in order to remember the Holocost and the other tradedies from that war.

There is and will never be, any image in MY collection showing the dead. To me, that is DISRESPECTFUL to the dead and their memories. I see photos of dead Germans and Russians, French etc--for sale all the time. Sure some fo those pics tell me a great story, but that is one story I do NOT need to be reminded of with images of corpses lying in twisted positions in buildings, on streets, in or partly in or near destroyed vehicles and such. Yeah, I have more than several photos in my collection showing prisoners of war--LIVE Prisoners of war. True in a few pics I have-you see wounded Soldiers-but that is as far as I will go when collecting stuff like that. Yup, I also have several pictures showing totally destroyed or KOed vehicles and such, however, no dead bodies are in them that can be seen. Yup, I also have a couple showing funerals or the burial sites of their Comrades, but then again, these are at least a bit more tasteful than showing a soldier with his chest caved in and guts strewn about, or showing a half burnt soldier lying partly in and outside his tank, and things like that.

No, the guy making these sick creations is one sick &astard. >:-((

CAC likes this.
  18. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

I completely agree...What if it were a picture of your father or brother? Would you want some sicko nerd hoarding their picture/s?
    I know many don't agree but i place the same logic on medals and other paraphenalia....only stuff from returned servicemen who are able to give it...Dead soldiers don't need their stuff picked over...Its bad Karma man!

19. freebird

freebird Member

I don't collect militaria like you do, but I wouldn't have death photos either if I did.
    While I don't think there are too many here that are confused by the real course of events, there are folks on the web that will try to "prove" that the holocaust was just a Jewish plot, no cilians or PoW's were mistreated etc etc.
    I've seen Japanese programs about the horrific crimes committed in the PTO - the two bombs dropped on Japan of course - with no mention of any Japanese atrocities whatsoever.

Remember this thread from a few days ago?
    My Generation scares me!
    If some kid sees the "Lego Concentration Camp" story on the news and asks his parents what it's about, hopefully he will learn something about it.

20. dbf

dbf Member WW2|ORG Editor

I'm not one for dismissive knee jerk reactions, or even self-censorship of matters relating to Nazi regime and atrocities. If some had their way eg all swastikas would be airbrushed out of photos and off museum exhibits, or all militaria from the regime destroyed. I don't collect any militaria but I wouldn't assume to know the motivations about those who do either.

As has been suggested this may not not have been necessary to keep the memory of the Holocaust alive, but like everyone else the artist has every right to participate in discussion/raise awareness. I think there's too much prissiness about art, and this is just one way of conveying a message, just like some of us might post up a photo of a camp, a victim or a guard and open a discussion with that.

Exactly why should we be so scared of allowing stuff like this? It's too easy I think to dismiss it as sick or the work of some publicity seeking nutcase.

I might not necessarily like or agree with these, but found all of them interesting to think about:

Gottfried Helnwein: Kristallnacht | PRESS | English Press | BRAVE ISRAELI OPERA RADIATES DESPAIR - HELNWEIN'S REALIZATION TAKES THE BREATH AWAY
    Nazis on the canvas - World War 2 Talk

Madame Tussauds' Adolf Hitler waxwork causes outrage in Berlin - Telegraph
    BBC NEWS | Europe | Waxwork Hitler beheaded in Berlin

Painting of Madonna hugging baby Hitler sparks debate | TuscanyArts

http://www.psywarrior.com/BabyHitler2.jpg
    The Vilification of Enemy Leadership in WWII

[​IMG]

Baby Hitler: Artist Dresses Up Daughter as Nazi Leader
    IN PICTURES / Danish artist dresses her baby as Hitler, exploring the meaning of evil - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Pictured: The little 14 inch golden gnome causing a lot of offence in Germany | Mail Online
    Ottmar Hörl - Exhibition Concepts

Americans painting on captured German Helmets? - World War 2 Talk

BBC News - 'Pink Hitler' advertisement upsets Sicilians
    'Pink Hitler' advertisement upsets Sicilians - World War 2 Talk

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/me...uschwitz-outrage/story-e6frf7jo-1225891329631

Regards
    Diane

von Poop likes this.