Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Looking for 342nd AAA Searchlight Battalion

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by MVN, Jul 1, 2019.

1. MVN

MVN New Member

Hello, I just signed up here because I've been doing research on my family history and have been trying to locate my grandpa's unit from WWII. His papers say Battery A 342d AAA Searchlight Battalion. (American Theater) He served in the Panama Canal and in Puerto Rico. His name is Carlos Cerra Montilla. I cannot seem to find anything out there on this unit and need some help. I know that a group picture exists because my grandpa used to have a few of those long rolled out ones the military would issue or sell, but they were misplaced. Any information anyone can give me or if anyone's family member served with him, I would love to know and would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. lwd

lwd Ace

MVN likes this.
  3. RichTO90

RichTO90 Well-Known Member

The only information I have is the 342d served in the Canal Zone at Fort Davis from 15 September 1943 until 1 February 1946 when it was inactivated there.

MVN likes this.
  4. MVN

MVN New Member

Thank you both for your replies. Any information I can get is useful in my research and in learning all the history I possibly can. These are copies of my grandfather's separation papers. Maybe there's something others here can see and point out that might help me, too. Maria

Papipa Honorable Discharge 3 smaller file.jpg

Papipa Honorable Discharge 2 smaller file.jpg