Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Looking for Info on James J. Kage

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by jjkage, Sep 29, 2008.

1. jjkage

jjkage recruit

Hello All,
    My name is Joe Kage, I am looking for some information on my Great Grandfather James J. Kage. He was supposedly in the 517th Battling Buzzards and according to my grandpa was chosin to train with british commando's? He is also supposed to have been in the 82nd Airborn. Now I would hate to say that my grandpa over imbellished or excagerated, one cause I wasn't around at the time and two well, I just like to take his word for it. However The only information I can find on him is that he was a T4 in the 1944 Christmas roster in the service company. Of course there are all types of family stories out there that are truley mesmerizing, however I would like to know the truth and the facts then that way I know what I truley get to be proud of, the truth or some fantasies. Either way I would be proud to say that I have this man in my family as should anyone with a vet in theirs. I do have some bad pictures I snapped with my camera phone a couple of years ago that I'll post that way maybe someone can identify if nothing else the uniforms maybe? Well, I can't figure out how to do it but I'll gladly send them to anyone who is kind enough to help a knucklehead like me out, I'm not too computer savvy. I plan to take a trip up to Missouri before too long and hopefully I can get some more information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    Joseph J. Kage