Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Looking for info on sleeve rauten

Discussion in 'Medals, Insignia, Badges & Recalls' started by flamednighttrain, Feb 16, 2010.

1. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

a couple more replies..
    The ebay seller is "rougepanzer", he has had several names, but continues to sell the same made up crap year after year. He has tons of good feedback from the people he has duped, and they seem to come back again and again. I guess there isn't a reference book among his many customers.

I bought a set of tabs so cheap from "rougepanzer" posted them to confirm, then returned the within the time limit and the money was refunded. She posts a lot of SS and all looks bogus the my learning eyes.
    Greg

2. flamednighttrain

flamednighttrain Member

Finally got in contact with the seller and she is more than happy to refund my money. Sending out the package today. She is very interested in keeping her 100% rating, so has not been problematic at all. I mentioned that this looked to be a fantasy piece, made up of multiple pieces, but she did not comment on that... Just glad I did some digging on the piece right away instead of waiting. Thanks again for helping me out on this one. In the future, where do you guys recommend buying german militaria online?

3. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

your welcome, post same question in the information request for better result...

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Glad to hear that your money will be rfunded. Apparently that lady KNOWS shes selling fakes and doesnt want to get exposed for being a poseur.

A few recommended dealers i suggest "cutting-your-teeth-with" are:

Detlev Niemann - Orden und militärhistorische Antiquitäten www.weitze.com Black Cross Military Collectibles, Militaria For Sale, German WWII, Reproduction Military collectibles, Military Antiques, Militaria Antiques as well as Andre Heusken (I dont have his site info handy to give but just Google his namn and you will find it) Anyway, they all have good to high prices and you can always find a good bargain with them at times. i highly recommend all of these ealers-and all i have bought from for up to about 14 years now.

Another great but somewhat expensive dealer i suggers is the gent who owns Der Rittmeister Militaria Entrance Page This guy sells only imperial German stuff unless a WWII piece comes with some imperial items and he will list that for sale usually at prices too good to pass up.

There are many more i can recommend to you but, cut your teeth with these places first so that you will get a feel of sorts for collecting this stuff. Word of caution though, no matter who you will buy from-they will always have an item that unknowingly is no good or questionalble, but these listed above do not sell bad items in order to decieve a buyer.

sniper1946 likes this.
  5. flamednighttrain

flamednighttrain Member

Got an email from PayPal today. Full refund will be going back on my credit card. Thanks for the quick replies on my question, got the item returned on time with no problems.

6. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

well done fnt, remember! especially on ss stuff? if it looks to good to be true, think about it? as it probably is, regards, ray..

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Sehr Gut, and also thanks for the salutes RAy ;-))