Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Looking for info

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by FindingGrandpa, Jul 3, 2004.

1. FindingGrandpa

FindingGrandpa recruit

Hi. I don't know if anyone can help me or not. Recently I've been thinking a lot about my Grandfather, a WW2 Vet. He passed away some years ago and I am trying to see if I can find out anything about him as it relates to the war. I know absolutely nothing other than I remember him saying once that he was in the same ... platoon?... as Buddy Hackett and that he didn't like him [​IMG] That's all I know. If anyone could lead me in the right direction I'd appreciate. And thank you to anyone who has ever fought for the freedoms that this country gives me. God Bless You.

2. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Welcome to the Forums, FG.

To be of help, we'd really need some more information ( eg name ? service number ? unit or theatre ? etc ). Otherwise the 'needle and haystack' analogy comes to mind.

Alternatively, maybe some of our US experts can suggest some archives, and many US military organisations have excellent veterans' websites which could help you.

3. Deep Web Diver

Deep Web Diver Member

Welcome to the Forums, 'FindingGrandpa.'

According to the Internet Movie Database, Buddy Hackett served in an Army antiaircraft unit during the World War II.

[ 03. July 2004, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: Deep Web Diver ]