Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

`Love Guru' proves endearing at Razzies

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Kai-Petri, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

No surprise there. Maybe he should have made the new Austin Powers movie instead... I actually loved the Wayne´s world movies...

Myers' `Love Guru' proves endearing at Razzies (AP) - Yahoo! Movies

Myers' comedy flop " The Love Guru " led the field Wednesday for the Razzies with seven nominations, among them worst picture and worst-acting slots for Myers, Jessica Alba , Verne Troyer and Academy Award winner Ben Kingsley .

The other worst-picture contenders were " Disaster Movie " and " Meet the Spartans ," Hollywood spoofs that shared a nomination for a "badly beaten dead horse of a concept"; the fright flick " The Happening "; Paris Hilton 's romantic comedy bomb "The Hottie & the Nottie"; and the sword-and-sorcery fantasy " In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale ."

Razzie "winners" will be announced Feb. 21, the day before the Oscars .

2. Lias_Co_Pilot

Lias_Co_Pilot Member

In 1982, I saw 80 movies. I even contemplated pursuing the career of movie critic a few years later.

In 2008, I saw 12 movies, incredibly disgusted at the amount of graphic violence in movies. Of the twelve movies, eight of them were "kid movies", like Kitt Kittredge, American Girl.