Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Lt 1 Joseph L. Droz research

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by wendyp5129, Sep 23, 2007.

1. wendyp5129

wendyp5129 recruit

I have been doing genealogy research for my family for a while now and have hit a brick wall trying to get any info on an Uncle I never had the chance to meet. His name was Joseph L. Droz and was a first lieutenant in the Army. He was killed in action in WWII just before my cousin and I were born. I was able to get the WWII list of casualties and found him listed there. I found his enlistment record from 1941 and it appears he was killed in 1942 or 43. I sent to NARA for their forms to obtain his service record, but was hoping someone out there might remember him and be able to shed some light on him personally. I have not been able to obtain a newspaper obituary clipping throught the genealogy site look ups. So if there is still a paper obituary clipping out there I would appreciate a copy of it. I'd appreciate any good ideas on where to look. Thanks

2. Stevin

Stevin Ace

you can try asking for his 293 file. Not the most pleasant reading but it will tell you when and were he was killed/buried, etc. see: ALLIED CASUALTIES IN THE NETHERLANDS for more pointers

3. DLaden

DLaden recruit

I am his nephew. I hope Wendy will get in touch with me.

4. DLaden

DLaden recruit

5. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Died on the 5th of May, one of the last. Tell us more about Lt Droz, DLaden.

I worked with a woman one time who said her brother was killed on the 6th of May 1945, by a single shot as his company was crossing a footbridge in Germany.

6. DLaden

DLaden recruit

Can't say much except that he was killed in Czechoslovakia--his records burned up.

7. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Have you sent wendy a p.m. and are you in contact with her ?