Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Luftwaffe recruits taking oath parade

Discussion in 'Photographs and Documents' started by Skipper, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

from my personnal collection. Luftwaffe recruits are taking oath in front of the flag , their Kmaraden and their officer. There is a large parade, a concert, a review and the newbies swear to serve the Reich. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ich schwöre!

[​IMG]

Männer you shall serve the Fatherland!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any information as to ranks, uniforms, location etc.. would be most welcome :)

Colt_H, Mr. S and Kai-Petri like this.
  2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Skip

I can see the looks on the Soldats faces.....................oh no another boring speech by another boring Offizier

wonder what the background colour of the collar tab facings those are, the Offizier almost looks aviation yellow but .......... ?

as for the Soldats with the winged gulls ~ apears to be darker than yellow ? probably just the b/w pic. Very nice I must add sir.

The boring speechman is a major-general in rank. the colour guard looks like Leutnants, the Soldats are Jäger/Fliegers with the single gull, the double gull wearers are Gefreiter's. mys assumption is based as I do not see any shoulder straps indicating otherwise a higher ranking.

E ~

Skipper likes this.
  3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Skip the flag is the Luftwaffe Standard and in this case by looking and the colour bearers right arm patch coinciding with the left side of the standard - Luftnachrichtentruppe.

was wondering why this flag did not have the dropped/swooped downward wings with eagle in the center and that is the reason.......... Iron cross in the center instead.

4. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Skipper, I'm not a collector, but I enjoy pictures like these. They put a human face on the German military that helps to realize that they were men, just like the Allies, not some steely-eyed monsters. I reserve my hatred for the leadership that put the whole thing in motion, not the average man put in an untenable position.

5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Cheers guys keep the comments coming, i have more pics of this ceremony. I notice most recruits are Fliegers or Unterofficeren , a few have higer ranks.

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Cheers Skipper, here goes a little extra info for ya.

Pics, Ranks, Leutnant, Oberfeldwebel (Fahnentrager) Leutnant.
    Unit: IMO is a Signals unit. Their collartabs don't look dark enough to be Flak Troops. The first Leutnants (left of Standardbearer Tabs definately are Signals tabs.

Great shot of his Standard Bearers Arm Patch. I'd love to get a few of those someday. I have only one pic that I can think of off-hand that shows a man wearing his Standardbearers Arm Patch-which I THINK is Kavallerie???

Place to me is Unkn.

On seeing the rest of the pics, im still fully thinking these are Signals. Not dark enough to be Flak, and not light enough to be Flight/Fallschirmjager.

The buildings are unfamiliar to me.

PS, ALL of them are great pictures to say the least. I love the first also showing them Goose-stepping. Excellent!! Can't :salute: but will try repping ya.

I forgot to mention that I also have a few pics showing LW Soldiers being sworn in. This time its by GFM Sperrle and these are Flight/Fallschirm truppen.

7. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl look what I said about the standard and the colour guard --- (Luftnachrichtentruppen).

note the background audience, haven't a care in the world.........big deal, total disinterest and yet this is quite a large market-type square

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi E, I hadn't been able to read that because my computer was messing up and acting slow. Also, this page took forever to load because of the large images.

9. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More from the parade: comments are welcome

10. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

[​IMG]

In the factory

11. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Nice new pic.

Also, I noticed the older officer-the Major, was wearing an Imperial either Pilots badge or Observers badge. WB-probably SIlver, and 1914 EKI, 1914 EKIII ribbon w/ 1939 EKII SPange. His next award would most likely be the 1939 EKI Spange, then DKiG and perhaps??? the RK ;-))

Skipper likes this.
  12. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I believe I see the RK too, one of the standard bearers seems to have a ribbon as well

13. AndyPants

AndyPants Ace

great pics skipper!

14. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

The Officer with the Adjutants Aguillettes who is behind the double war offizier, looks like hes wearing a Pilots Badge--WWII of course-and an EKI. I can't tell what the other oficer is wearing on his tunic. I didn't notice anyone with a KC-ill have to take a long careful look. However, the two war guy is wearing a metal LW breast Adler on his tunic. I have always wanted one of those but yet have not yet broke down and got one. I want an Army and KM version as well. I do have a KM Enlistedmans Metal adler-but its for the Donald Duck and or Overseas caps.

15. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Thanks again for your valuable input Carl. I will post a few mor epics of this serie later, especially as there are monuments form cities those guys drove through which could help to identify their unit.

Here are a few of those cities and monuments. I believe some could be between Lille and Brussels and the archtecture remind sme of Bruges too. There are clearly some signs in French. Others could be central europe, like Bohemia or Poland etc...
    any ideas? Note the general appel before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

17. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

check out the brick/architecture of the time.......northern Germany, no where exactly wil have to hunt down the twin towers as that is the give away of which place it is. want to say Lübeck but think not

18. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Northern, Germany , Danzig, Pommern, Flanders, Holland. Northern France etc... all those areas have tradintional brick buildings . Lübeck could be elligible, but the I'm almost postive about the Lille area for the ones in the trucks.

19. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

was also thinking France as I said earlier Skip about the local townsfolk, seen all it before and "who cares". could also be Dutch due to the angled skyline on the buildings

20. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

True, I think I have been to that place before, but when I was a child, I'm thinking of Bruges, Belgium, but it also reminds me of the historic Danzig houses.