Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

luger mag value?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by sniper1946, Aug 19, 2009.

1. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

I'm looking to sell this luger mag,its a 1941 byf sn 3014p,and would like to know what price to set please,ray..

2. thompson

thompson Member

I saw Luger mags going around for 30-40 Euro in Belgium.

3. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

thanks thompson...ray..

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

about 50.00 US

more common than you think with markings whether P.08 or P-38

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Ray, just depends on whose site you look at. I see these easily selling for from about $75 to $ well over $100 each on sites. A local and huge gunshop here in Houston has lots of original Luger and Walther mags for sale. Even the Walther mags are getting expensive-depending on code, year and condition. Im in the market for a few but have yet to spend in that direction. Anyway,the one you showed is a nice desirable one.

6. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

thanks carl,I'd have put it in that bracket, 80$ ....

7. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

cheers erich,$80 would be my thinking,ray..

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Ray, that's about the average for them. Im not sure what prices are for WWI luger mags though? My dream Luger to own is a minty 1917 BYF Artillery Luger with two matching Mags. I love those Artillery examples. I had one of those so called: "Black Widow Lugers" (which were actually a foreign contract piece) and I have been kicking myself since I got rid of it about 10- or so years ago. Mine was mint-all-matching. Te only thing I hated about it, was that it's toggle was so darn hard to pull back to cock the weapon. I never took it out to let it "clear-it's-throat" before I traded it off. I would have loved to compare it with the Walther I had at the time.

9. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

thats a great shame carl,a very nice piece indeed to own,one day maybe! my s/42 is dam hard to cock too,by the time you get it cocked your dead!!! joke...

10. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Ray don;t even bother with dealers or their sites, go to a certifiable gunsmith and you will find what you need and even trade

11. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

appreciated erich,thanks for that,ray...

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Aint that the truth? Mine was so hard to handle that it was too frustrating to deal with. Gimme a Walther P-38 anytime anyday. Those Walthers are as smooth as silk to operate. I almost had to "use" mine earlier this year when I cought an unauthorized dork in my backyard as well as looking into my backdoor window. I'd have tried to shoot him in the asp had I been able to get my Walther and get outside in time to have a good target. By th time I got outside-he'd had hopped the 8 foot fence and last I saw of him was the top of his bobbing head as he ran down the canal that's behind out house. Haven't seen him since. Not too long after that, a cellphone store owner shot a guy who tried to rob his store. Two dorks waked into his business with guns and the owner scared them shipless-by pointing his own pistol at them-they freaked-ran out the door and the shop owner chased them firing four shots *which i heard from my house) and hit one of them. The one that got his ran onto the highway, got his solid by a car-but he was running on pure adrenaline-bounced off that cars window and hood-landed on his feet, continued to run into a nearby parkinglot and collapsed and died on the spot-right in front of a Pub. I don't know if the other would-be hold-up dork ever got cought or not?

13. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

is it a lot like that! or just isolated incidents carl,I've got a p38 but obviously have never shot one,nor the luger,I take it you,ve had that pleasure? perhaps it was a good thing he scooted......

14. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Ray, crime in Houston is unbelieveable. I lived in a City that had only 300,000 people in it and crime qwas pretty bad there-or so I thought? that is, untill moving to a City that has some 6 million +++ people living here. In the area i live in-crime isn't so bad but-the more you get into the actual innards of the city-the worse it gets. Just today the news channels have a story out that a Houston SChool Police Officer kidnapped a Female whom he had a relationship with but had ended sometime ago. This lady had been kidnapped right in front of her children and she was forcably taken away. The Police now know where they are holde uip at and are now trying to negotiate her release. I HOPE she makes it out alive but somehow-I think that slimy SOB will kill her if the opportunity arises.

The authorities surrounded the area where they are holed up, some policemen made their way to a part of that abandoned house the creep has the lady at-they actually saw them through a basement window, and the creep saw the cops-fired a shot at them as he dragged the lady up some stairs. The Police did'nt fire back because she was being used as that cowards "human shield."

Crime here in Houston is unbelieveable. Since I have been here-two jerks on two seperate ocasions tried to rob me. The first one ended up on the ground hurting badly because I stabbed its hands with my key-chain and then I grabbed its right hand by the thumb and jammed it in a direction it's not meat to be jammed in, the guy immediately went to the ground and just as I was doing this, a Harris Counts Deputy just happened to be driving down the street-saw a commotion turened around and came to investigate. The dork who tried to rob me was on the ground in pain and trying to stop its hand from bleeding. I imagine it was pretty painful to be stabbed with about 5 keys and then having had the keys yanked across the hand cutting it open.

The Deputy asked what happened? I told him the guy tried to rob me-I was asked if I wanted to press charges-said yes I did, and the jerk was hauled off to County lock-up.

the next incident too place several days or maybe about 2 weeks later. I was standing in the parkinglot of a convience store waiting for a taxicab to arive. This older hispanic gentleman had got out og his car-opened the hood to it and I guess faked like somehting was wrong? called me over-I went over as I know a little about cars-but not near as much as Clint does ;-D

Anyway, I figured it was an innocent request for somekind of help but-that guy tried to grab me and reached for my wallet-and I again used the thumb-jamming backwards thing and had the guy on the ground faster than I couls have thought about it. The authorities were called-and I was asked if i wanted to press charges-and I said no as he didnt pull a weapon on me unlike the first creep who pulled a 5 inch blade on me. The news media came while I was still there and asked if I wanted to give them a statement-to which i said no I didn't and also said that other "real" news was still out there waiting for them to report it. Needless to say, though I didn't appear on screen, they still reported that little incident on the 9 or 10 o'clock news broadcasts.

15. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Hello Ray

Judging by what was on offer at Beltring recently, probably around the £40 mark - although as always, if someone really wants it.....

16. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

sounds like you miss the quiet life carl, things do seem to be on the up,crime that is,as more and more scams and violence hit the t.v. regularly these days,the foreign influx of europeans tend to want to come here for a better life but unfortunatley a number are only interested in working scams to get money,not working to earn it.we now seem to have to adapt to there way of life? rather than they adjust to fitting in to ours...ray..

17. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

thanks for that martin,that sounds right price to set,ray..

18. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Ray, you got that right. Though Corpus Christi has hundreds of thousands of people, is a long but not so wide of a City-and does have it's fair share of crime problems--I liked that the City wasn't so big that you were not treated personally much unlike it is here in Houstonstownsvillesburgsdorffskigrad. In other words, im no fan of this City. The worst situation I ever got in when living in Corpus was when four gang member punks mistakenly thought (for some unknown wierd reason?) had thought that I had thrown a rock into their windshield while driving and in front of them in another lane.

Apparently what had happened was maybe my car tire hit a rock and it happened to hit their windshield unknownst to me. My former roommate-who was an ex Army Platoon Sergeant-Ptn Sgt for 14 years-but in the Army for I think about 16 years? Anyway, Sarge Bill was riding with me as we were out paying bills and such and I had just left my Fed Cred Union with cash to pay off my Sears Credit Card and we were on our way to pay our cards off-when those punks accused me of throwing a rock at their window.

Never have I ever done something like that-even to some punk who I might have disliked. These punks swerved to the other lane and pulled up next to me cussing me out in Spanish and Bill and I were wondering WTF was going on? One of the punks attempted to throw a brick at my car-but I sped up (my car had great pickup) and they threw the brick but totally missed my car. By that time though both Bill and I were pissed off. Finally, after being chased in a slow chase-I purposely drove slow while they kept trying to pass me-I kept swerving in front of their pile of junk on wheels, but kept them from passing. I was hoping to attract the attention of a Cop so we could find out WTF their problem was? but--as usual-when you need a cop-they are nowhere to be found. Most likely, they were dining somewhere as it was about lunchtime.

Well, I finally came up to the Sears parking lot, pulled in and I stopped my car and those punks sped by cussing and threw a Baseball at my car. I was in a rage by then and wanted to beat some skulls in. I got out of my car-they stopped their car about 50 or so feet away from mine. I got out and started towards their car but when I got to within about 20 feet of their car-the frigging cowards sped off-sped through the parking lot and then came back around as I was still standing outside my car. By then Sarge Bill was extremely pissed off and wanted to smash a few skulls in as well. Those punks sped close to my car and one punk was holding a baseball bat. Seeing the bat pissed me off even more and I opened the trunk of my car and pulled out my "T" bar and my other tire iron. I had one in each hand and waitind for any punk to get out of that car. I expected all four to get out but-none got out as I walked closer to their car. I fully intended on beating the hell out of all four of them by then.

Again when I got fairly close to that car-the coward sped away. I got back into my car and watched where those punks went-they tried and failed at thinking they had faked us out like they were actually leaving the Sears parking lot. I guess they thought we were stupid enough to leave the car-go into the Mall where Sears was located-and that would have given them time to slash my cars tires of bash out the windows. Well, I decided to "call their bluff" and I drove to the area where I saw the punks drive to. I saw them trying to hide their car behind a few rows of cars. I then decides to fake them out, drove out of the parking lot to Staples Street. I saw them speed out another exit which was behind us-and they got into the lane I was in. I then made my way to the busy intersection called: S.P.I.D-turned west on SPID and I got onto the Expressway. I knew those punks would follow but-as I had alread demonstrated on McArdle Street-my car had damned good pick-up and I was so far ahead that I knew they could see my take the next exit and I saw them take that exit. I drove under the overpass and turned East on SPID, got back onto the expressway and drove about 2 miles. Then I exited again, went under the overpass again, turned West and got back on. Well, as I knew I would- saw the punks still going up the other way on the expressway. I flipped them the middle finger salute and then we proceeded to go to Sears-pay our bills (had lost the punks in the process) and then we finally went to go have lunch at Johnny Carinos I never saw those punks again.

I hate gang-banger wannabes-especially those who are cowards-which most of them are-unless they outnumber you 20-to-1.

I forgot to add, that Corpus does have it's fair share of crimes committed there-buit osty its coward punk gang-members who do drive by shootings, or some punks who like to damage buildings, houses, cars and such by doing spray-paint graphitti, and there is some scumbag going around the richer neighborhoods, and killing Cats by cutting their heads off and placing their heads on car Antennas, or fence posts and such. They also cut the Cats belly open and pull their innards out. As I have pet Cats and like Cats very much, if I was ever lucky enough to catch that puke harming a Cat, i'd literally kill the SoB.

19. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

amazing! all in a days work by the sound of it,cant see you'd want to many of those sort of days carl...

20. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Ray, another crime problem that infests Corpus Christi, are home invasions. We had a rash of them happening there and in a rich neighborhood that Sarge and I lived near. Usually 4-5 or mor epunks would stake out some senior citizens home and wait for the more opportune time to go and kisk in their front door, go in and take whatever they want -while also beating the people up and sometimes raping any female that happened to be there.

Because of crap like that happening almost nightly-I bought ammo for my P-38 and kept it fully loaded as well as a spare magazine handy. These punks also had a habit of doing home invasions at apartment complexes as well. I was determined that if they kicked in my front door, that I would empty 8 rounds into the face of the first jerk through my front door.

I don't know if I can be called brave but-im no yellowbelly either ;-)) I guess being a Corretional Officer for as long as I was-you just get used to threats of all-kinds and pretty much just shrug them off.