Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

M1 Garand Bayonet

Discussion in 'Small Arms and Edged Weapons' started by JGeroux45, Nov 28, 2009.

1. JGeroux45

JGeroux45 recruit

I got this bayonet from my brother and I was wondering is it a M1 Garand Bayonet? it has a dull blade with siverals dings on the blade, should I sharpen it? could you also tell me about the knife. Any answer would be much appreciated.
    Thanks Justin

Attached Files:

2. 107thcav

107thcav Member

Hey Justin that is what you have. I personally would not sharpen it because it looks as if the parkerization is still intact. How badly pitted is it? Down by the guard what is the maker and date? On your sheath there should be a date as well such as 42 or 43 and etc. I just feel these are antiques that have done their duty and now it is time for collectors to let them rest and enjoy.

3. JGeroux45

JGeroux45 recruit

The bayonet has AFH US with a bomb symbol in between US on blade, on the metal part of the sheath it says VP3, also it has US inside a bomb symbol also on metal part of sheath, stamped on the bottom of handle the letter H, on the fiberglass part of sheath it says vp 29. Do you know the knifes value? I intend on keeping the bayonet and getting an M1 Garand to go with it. Thanks For your help.

formerjughead likes this.
  4. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

When you decide to put out the bucks for a Garand, here is the very best place to buy a totally superior M1.

Goto:

Fulton Armory Home Page

Pricey to be sure, but will be in the very best condition possible, and completely reliable in every way. For a less expensive but more time consuming way of purchasing a Garand;

Goto:

http://www.thecmp.org/m1garand.htm

The thing about the lower grade units from the CMP is that they can be used as "trade-ins" for the Fulton Armory rifles.

5. Richie B

Richie B Member

AFH = American Fork And Hoe.

VP = Victory Plastics.

Richie

6. JGeroux45

JGeroux45 recruit

Thanks guys for all the help, I just have one more question what do you think the value is of the knife?