Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

M1 paratrooper case

Discussion in 'Weapons & Technology in WWII' started by Richard Landry, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Richard Landry

Richard Landry New Member

Does upload_2018-12-9_10-52-44.jpeg anyone know how this would attach to a paratroopers equipment? Pistol belt or parachute harness? I would attach it to the parachute harness and discard it after the jump. But I would like to be correct.

2. the_diego

the_diego Active Member

It has ammo pouches so it's not something you discard upon landing (unless you transfer the magazines to another pouch.) Those are belt and leg straps attached.

3. Temujin

Temujin Active Member

Most, if not all paratrooper’s on landing would discard the case, as the weapon would be kept “in hand” for 99% of the time (while in combat areas) and the case just another piece of kit not needed to be carried around. I agree with the Diego that it also carried two extra magazine clips, and these would have been transferred to somewhere else on the soldier’s kit.

If you look at photo’s of soldier’s using and caring the M1 during WW2 I haven’t seen the case carried on their person after landing

Info on how it was carried
    Para Research Team © - M1A1 Folding Stock Carbine Scabbards

Last edited: Nov 3, 2023
  4. RRA227

RRA227 Member

Mine has a wide loop on the back. It is not like yours. Rich A. in Pa. USAbn.jpg