Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

M1A1 carbine folding stock- original? Poll?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by bilbo42, May 13, 2010.

1. bilbo42

bilbo42 Member

I wanted to post pictures of a WWII carbine that I have and then I found out that I can do a poll. This might be fun! Would you like to vote on whether or not it is an original paptrooper stock? I will post four pictures here to kinda give you an idea. Let me know what you think as to whether a poll would be good or not and I will post five more pictures on the poll. Best regards, Bil

Attached Files:

2. colletorww2

colletorww2 Ace

Hmm, it looks like it is in pretty good condition. I have my doubts, but i can't be sure. I have been trying to get one for a while for my carbine(I have the guts of an M1A1 Carbine, but not the stock)(I know that sounded weird, but you could have read about it in a thread i posted which is apparently removed :( .

3. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

4. bilbo42

bilbo42 Member

Well since no one mentioned a poll in the replies, I will go ahead and share a few more pictures. Please let me know what you think. Best regards, Bil

Attached Files:

5. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

very nice bilbo, and still all original!

6. bilbo42

bilbo42 Member

Thanks to all who looked. Yes, I got it from a guy whose father brought it home with him from Korea. His father traded something for it very soon after he got to Korea because he had seen them in WWII but had never been able to get one. It had a Winchester action in it when he got it. I have had it authenicated by a couple of carbine collectors and they both swear it is original (the folding stock) and that its one of the best preserved that they had seen. Thanks again, Bil

7. phillydude

phillydude recruit

absolutely 100 % real, wanna sell it ? lol, just kidding i have 20 of them, stock in that condition is worth 1100-1400