Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

making a folding rifle rack

Discussion in 'The Guns Galore Section' started by aquist, Oct 24, 2006.

1. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    you need 3 pieces of 1X4X8 one piece of 1X6X4. cut 4 pieces of 1X4 36" long, thats the sides 4 pieces of 1X4 24" long thats the horizontals cut 2 pieces of 1X6 24" long thats the bottom horizontal make a rectangle of the two 36" one 1X4 and one 1X6 oh you need to make another set of 1X4 X24" those are fixed like an L the top need 5 U shapes cut in them for the barrels of the rifles put two hinges at the top and two lock bars on the side stain it and put carpet on the bottom voila rifle racks. they fold they hold 10 rifles. lumber hardware and finish all for about 15 to 20 dollars i put them together with glue and dry wall screws. i know i need to show pix. i will do that and also show you how to make a schemel (footstool)

l

"

2. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    supporting your hobby with stuff u make

if you are a shooter or a reenactor u need to be able to store your guns and keep them clean. I drilled a couple of 3/8 inch holes for cleaning rods in the top horizontal of the Rifle racks I made. I made schemels to sit on in camp. I am going to make pellet stops for air gun shooting. no they wont be pretty, but they will allow me to shoot/and or store/clean rifles.

3. JCalhoun

JCalhoun New Member

via TanksinWW2
    We need some pictures! :D