Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Market Garden - Something controversial

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by roscoe, Dec 16, 2013.

1. roscoe

roscoe Guest

2. roscoe

roscoe Guest

I smell treachery.

Did I mention John Amery - hanged for treason, brother of Julien Amery member of the Conservative Monday Club and Harold MacMillan's son-in-law.

The Monday Club did not like Carrington.

The father of John Amery and Julien Amery was Leo Amery, the man who drafted the Balfour declaration. He made the following speech in the Norway debate directed at Chamberlain:

"You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!"

Churchill, First Lord of the Admiralty (who had been drunk for most of the Norway debacle and was in some way instrumental in its failure) was made Prime Minister.

You see, to have the Western Campaign all over by Christmas was desireable to some but not for others, the Russians weren't yet established on the Eastern Front. All of this goes deeper and my point here is that 'all is not what it seems'.

You've got some learning to do

3. jimmytwohand

jimmytwohand New Member

It's unfair to say attempts at ridicule mate. It was highly successful ridicule. But then these things are so subjective aren't they? Is that the same bloody video again?! Did you read any of this?

Not a straight answer really is it my old chum? I smell something different. That's why people have stopped giving you reasoned answers and turned to ridiculing you. It makes you sound like a loon with selective vision.

4. ptimms

ptimms Member

Roscoe,

Not quite straight, but an answer at least. It is a bit like pulling teeth though. How do you think Carrington was treacherous? do you think he had contact with Bernhard, the SS? I'll stop taking the p**s if you give me an idea of how this worked.

Links with other groups, dislike within the British system of him do not prove that a fairly low ranking soldier who happens to be at a potential critical juncture of history was somehow in league with the enemy. I'm far more inclined to believe that war is scary, noisy, confusing and that weird sh*t happens.

dbf likes this.
  5. roscoe

roscoe Guest

Carrington was following orders from above - he received the Military Cross for this (He was just 25). If Market Garden had succeeded then the war would have ended far too soon. The Russians had not yet advanced to the Oder river.

Someone said jokingly that he was Martin Boorman earlier, that statement made me stop. He didn't know how close he was to this. As it was Market Garden failed in taking the Ruhr but was supremely successful in stopping Patton's advance by taking resources away from him.

6. roscoe

roscoe Guest

You have your answer now.

7. jimmytwohand

jimmytwohand New Member

Nope. You ignore the huge tract, posted twice, about the video. That's what i mean about selective vision. You've linked that video umpteen times and not told me why it supports your position. Nor where the original is, nor who edited it, nor when it was made etc etc

On the present model of discussion you are championing we might as well just both post the link to the video over and over again without explanation.

8. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

Beautiful.
    Man quotes someone quoting Cromwell without apparently having any idea it's one of Cromwell's most famous quotes, and tells us we don't know enough history.

Following that with stuff almost verbatim from David Irving.

We ridicule, because it's increasingly ridiculous.

I'd love to know your straight thoughts on Irving, but you don't do straight answers, do you.
    Making mad stuff up more your thing. ;)

dbf likes this.
  9. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

It is well known that there is no limit to the crap a conspirationalist can produce as:

The Monday Club did not like Carrington:neither did they like MacMillan .

John Amery being the brother of the son in law of the British PM

The involvement of the non existing Monday Club during MG

All is not what it seems :which is wrong : it seems that Roscoe is a conspirationalist producing crap,but it is also the truth that he is a conspirationalist,producing crap

10. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

Even more shocking news :

Carrington was also minister of defense,and head of MI6,and,as W.Tarpley told us : MI 6 was involved in the murder of president McKinley.

Bush sr,also from the Bilderberg group,was chief of the US Intelligence Services ,and involved in the murder of Kennedy,as WT told us .

Both are only the lackeys of the Iluminati and the Reptilians .

We are very lucky to have people as Roscoe to warn us against this danger . :_lol:

11. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

I don't mind...I'll try it one last time before I kick it in the grass as being a waffler..

Roscoe, please can you explain to me what I should be aware of?

12. dbf

dbf Member WW2|ORG Editor

His age is not at all unusual, so why mention it? For example the same IG Lt. I quoted in my previous post also got a MC much earlier in the campaign, I believe he was younger. I'd think the majority of those getting MC, or MM the Other Ranks' equivalent, were of that age or younger. The Mick got his for ramming a King Tiger with a Firefly: the GAD weren't unfamiliar with them, or with SS units, they had come up against the same units over and over again since Normandy and as the campaign moved on they knew they were far from invincible. So, GAD were not inexperienced or loathe to take them on as perhaps Burriss was suggesting.

Back to Carrington, still really not an answer from you, I need an explanation as to how and why in your opinion he'd manage to achieve this and who gave the orders, now apparently not off his own bat.

How about a post with the whole thing laid out; stop rambling man, gather your thoughts for a big push?

ptimms likes this.
  13. roscoe

roscoe Guest

I'm sorry you don't like the testimony of someone who was actually there.

14. roscoe

roscoe Guest

The key phrase is Right Wing Extremism, like the people who conspired to remove Harold Wilson by military coup.

15. roscoe

roscoe Guest

I know a village that would be interested in your services.

16. roscoe

roscoe Guest

The age is important in as much as he was under orders from above. Maybe even the Grenadier Guards Colonel in Chief.

17. ptimms

ptimms Member

Roscoe,

So it gets increasingly bizarre and you cast the net further. Are you suggesting now that KGV (for clarity,the man not the ship) is implicated. Also I forgot the Grenadier Guards have "Nijmegen" company now which surely proves all this is true.

18. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

And who where these people : the Reptilians ? The Bilderberg Group? The Illuminati ?

The key phrase is :conspirationalist crap

19. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

Maybe : haha :feedtrolls-sign:

20. roscoe

roscoe Guest

[​IMG]