Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Medal Identification

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by usndds, Jul 23, 2011.

1. usndds

usndds recruit

I would greatly appreciate assistance with identification of the medals that are indicated with the arrows. Also, any information about the Croix de Guerre with the TOE. These medals were earned by my wife's granduncle. He served in the Army Air Corps during WWII. He served during the Korean War in the USAF, in Turkey. He received a Silver Star at Leyte, in the Philippines. He received the Purple Heart at that same time. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

I'll give you a link that I have used to identify medals; but, for whatever reason, the ribbons on the medals you have don't appear to be consistant. It almost looks like they are miss matched or recolored. The purple heart for instance has a green stripe running down it.

U.S. Air Force Medals

3. 693FA

693FA Member

would have to agree with the cooler king.....recolored/weathered maybe?? but really weird the Croix de Guerre(should be green/red) looks way wrong as does what would appear to be a Legion of Merit(red/white) and Maybe one or to others...
    Regards

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

the toe c de g is wrong the ribbon should be this one

[​IMG]

5. usndds

usndds recruit

I found more info about the Croix de Guarre. The T.O.E. is the reverse side of the medal (theatres operations exterieurs). I agree with the ribbon colors. Faded - wrong to start with??? How about the other medals? I recognize a medal similar to the Legion of Merit, but it must have changed at a later date. The medal with the shield puzzles me, i wonder if it is the reverse side of ? Thanks for any more help.