Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Medal of Honor Series

Discussion in 'PC and Console Simulations' started by WWIIVetGrandkid, Jul 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. WWIIVetGrandkid

WWIIVetGrandkid Member

After poking around the forums a bit I didn't see a thread for this series.

Has anyone played any of the installments? I've played Frontline and Rising Sun, and I'm working on European Assault right now. I really enjoyed Frontline. I think a big part of it was the music. It was so moving and it really made me think about how horrible this war must have been. I really liked "Arnhem Knights"--that level was complete chaos. The opening level in Normandy was really moving for me, too. I thought about how my grandfather, on his eighteenth birthday, must have felt when he got out of the Higgins boat.

I enjoyed Rising Sun as well, though it wasn't my absolute favorite of the two. I liked how all the characters had backgrounds ( the one guy, Frank Spinelli looked a bit like Frank Sinatra to me XD ). The "Letters from Home" also put the 1940s in perspective for me. I only unlocked one vet interview ( I think it was the one for Singapore Sling ), and it was really interesting to hear about the actual events that inspired that level, coming from someone who experienced them. My one big disappointment with the game was that it was far too short, and the ending was very cliff-hanger for me.

2. uksubs

uksubs Member

I've played them all & Airborne is the best by a mile

3. PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil Member

I'm a fan of MoH, MoH Frontline is the best, can't wait to play the Frontline HD version :D

4. gregc

gregc Member

Frontline HD? Did I miss something?

5. Anderan

Anderan Member

Frontline is being re-released with modern graphics and AI

6. gregc

gregc Member

Awesome! Frontline was my personal favorite, glad to see it being re-released!