Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Merwin Eugene...

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by Ranglia72, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Ranglia72

Ranglia72 New Member

I am searching for a gentleman name Merwin Eugene...surname unknown. He would have travelled to Nottingham (England) early 1945. He made friends with Ann Elizabeth Beaumont.

2. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Do you have any more info about him? Where he may have been from, or with which branch of the military he served?

3. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Not much to go on. Whatever further information you can give would be helpful.

4. Ranglia72

Ranglia72 New Member

Thanks for your replies....I am a legal researcher and I am having trouble proving the father of the deceased. The birth certificate of the deceased has Merwin Eugene Beaumont as the father. There is an army number 7889226 Corporal in Duke of Wellington Regt in the UK but I have received army documents for this person and his name is Alfred Arthur Beaumont not Merwin Eugene. The army records also show that Alfred Arthur Beaumont was not in the UK when the deceased would have been conceived. I am wondering if Merwin was sent over here and had a "fling" with the mother of the deceased. The mother's name was Ann Elizabeth Beaumont and she lived in Nottingham, UK. The birth was dated November 1945 so Merwin would have had to have been in the UK approximately 9 months before this. I don't believe his surname is Beaumont, I think the mother just put this on the birth certificate as this was her surname. I know this is a long shot but I am not sure how popular the name 'Merwin Eugene' was at this time. If there are only a few people with this name it may be possible to eliminate them with army records, death records etc.