Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Messages for: Ron--Otto--A GREG....

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by C.Evans, Mar 23, 2001.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Message for Ron: The only Navy items I have are: US Merchant Marine Campaign Ribbon Bars and a Bravery Medal (one of only about 5,000 awarded)

Kriegsmarine stuff I have are: 3 Cap Tallies, Destroyer Badge and a U-Boat Officers Schiffchen (Overseas Hat) Coast Artillery Badge.

I can try to research insignia for you. When Otto can set you up with some, I suggest that they be Admirals Shoulderboards and or Sleeve Stripes for the US Navy. If you want Germany Kriegsmarine ditto. What I find I will try to post on this section of the forum and if I find good images, I will send them to Otto since he is the one who can create. [​IMG]

Message for Otto: [​IMG] Oops--I forgot that you are the one who actually has to do the work, but if/when I find something, I will let you know and maybe give Ron what he wants. I have no clue to what all you have to do to make such images and I know you have to do alot of labor to get these things done.

Message for A.GREG: (US) Branches of service are: Army, Navy Air Force and Marines.

German Branches are: Heer (Army) Kriegsmarine (Navy) Luftwaffe (Air Force) Waffen SS (Elite forces like our Marines and Rangers.

Branches inside a service branch are as you mentioned>

Heer: Infantry, Cavalry, Medical, Artillery, Gebirgejagers (Mountain Troops) Pioneer (Engineers) Signals, Smoke or Chemical Troops, Propaganda Troops (The German News Media like our Combat Correspondants) Judicial (Like our J.A.G.) Panzergrenadier (Like our Armored Infantry) Transportation Troops (Same as ours) Feldgendarmerie (Military Police aka Kopfjagers) ((Headhunters))Vetrinary etc.

US Army: Paratroops, Rangers, Cavalry, Infantry, Armored, Armored Infantry, Artillery, Medical etc.

Kriegsmarine: Surface Navy, U-boats and Coast Artillery.

US Navy: Naval Air Service and the rest is same as above but I think our Coast Artillery falls under the US Army.

Luftwaffe: Fallschirmjagers (Paratroopers) Flight Personnel, Field Security Service, Pioneer, Signals, Anit Aircraft Artillery, Flak, POW Camp Security, Medical etc.

USAAF: AAA, Flight etc.

Waffen SS: Cavalry, Signals, Artillery, Panzer, Panzergrenadier, Mountain Troops, Signals, etc.

USMC: Flight, Infantry, Signals, Engineer, Medical, Transportation, AAA, etc.

What country's military do you prefer? and we can go from there. [​IMG] just let me know...

2. Ron

Ron Member

hey thanks c.evans! ummm i guess the US navy shoulder patches look good [​IMG] The Naval awards would be good too! thanks!

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

OK, as soon as I finish with the forum today, I will start looking for you. [​IMG] and [​IMG]

4. A.GREG

A.GREG Member

Thanks Evans! I'll need to look over all of the things here to pick and choose. Thanks again.

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

A.GREG: The first forum topic has the URL to what you seek. I posted it yesterday but for some reason it dind work, but I left the info on where to go to get the color drawings.

6. A.GREG

A.GREG Member

I'm not really sure about where to find this URL, you said one of the first posted, I tried checking in the beginning of this forum, I couldn't find one with the information. Help please?

7. Ron

Ron Member

this is what Evans is talking about i think...his link didn't work for some reason so he said to search for "U.S. rank insignia" It'll be the first one to come up if you use Yahoo as a search engine!

8. A.GREG

A.GREG Member

Alright, thanks again Ron.

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thank you Rom, I do appreciete you relisting it for Greg--thanks..