Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Mexican Army (Cavalry) uniform from John Waynes movie: The Alamo.

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by C.Evans, Feb 2, 2010.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I got and just confirmed last night, that I am now the new owner of a Mexican Army (Cavalrymans) uniform (Prop) that was used in John Waynes great movie: The Alamo. As you Gents know, my only interest AINT in just WWII German stuff-well, just last night as I was having a rather long conversation with fellow John Wayne fan-and items collector-(Bill) from Pennsylvania-that on trading some stuf I no longer wanted but that he was interested in, I was able to do so for one of his extra uniform props that he has about 20 of-that were used and worn in John Waynes great movie: The Alamo.

No I don't have pictures but-you will recognize the uniform immediately next time you watch the movie. It is a Red and White Mexican Lancers uniform-complete with everything minus weapons of course. Im getting what I cann a great deal on this item.

Now some might be asking why im getting this>? Well, the only reason im getting it si so that I can donate it to the still unbuilt and soon-to-be: John Wayne Museum in Winterset, Iowa (Dukes Birthplace) That item will be my contribution to the museum-along with buying a brick with my name on it-which will be used in the sites construction. :-D

If I can get pics of it? ill force someone to post them here ;-D

PzJgr and sniper1946 like this.
  2. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

that'll be cool,so we wait for some assistance to post pics eh carl..ray..

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Im hoping that Bill will send me some pics of it? If not? that's OK because pics of them can be found on the net ;-))

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I just tried doing a search for pix of these uniforms on the net but, my darn puter keeps freezing up---errrrrr. If anyone has spare time? please see if you can find a pic or dos of this uniform and post it here.

PS, I just spoke with this props soon-to-be-former owner this eve. I asked him if he could send pics of it to me by email or someting but, he's in he same boat as I am-doesn't know how to do i-that and he's suffering from a bad case of the Flu.