Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Militaria Buyers Beware: Pawel Nowak/Seaquest Antiques

Discussion in 'Other Militaria' started by sirplus, Nov 28, 2009.

1. artie in miami

artie in miami recruit

Thanks so much !! I just got the exact same email from him...what a lazy piece of _ _ _ _ !! I have learned through the years that anyone who only wants money by wire transfer or western union is usually trying to cheat you. I am guessing that you sent the $700 for the falshirmjaeger helmet...I was interested in that also...I have friends in Poland and will advise them about him (they probably already know of him). I cannot believe this...I was going to post the pics of the FJ helmet to ask what everyone thought (it looked good to me) and spotted his name on your post. Thanks again.

artie in miami

2. Heinrich

Heinrich Member

Amai ..Pavel is at it again .He's been doing this for many years already , might say this guy is legendary ,if you only had googled the name you had found his many 'friends' looking for him to have a serious word ..

If anyone urges you to do payment by western union then cut the deal immediately ..no serious international seller will ever ask that .
    No better targets for a scammer than a collector , proves every time ...he tried fooling me into buying a engraved EK1, showing pics of rows of belt buckles and orders..He never got a penny out of me , but the offers were reasonable and tempting .

looks like this pic was made in Holland/Rotterdam btw ..last time I saw him 'busy' was a few months ago on dutch fleabay sites with lots of helmets and U boot daggers on offer .
    Another of his favourite ways to find new victims is through forae where he uninvited starts mailing you out of the blue after a new registration . Be very aware for his 'reseach ' stories !

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

If he were here in Texas-we'd string that trick up on the nearest Oak tree-and there are pleny of Oak Trees in the Austin area. In other words-he NEEDS to be hanged.

4. doggone

doggone Member

My turn to get burnt. I was a little luckier only $500. Found him on google a day after sending money by Western Union. This is his current email address sturmgewehr44@windowslive.com After saw info emailed him about his background and told him I realized I had been had. He had the gall to email me back saying he was not a crook and a honest man "Do not believe in everything what people write. I made an archival research for several people and sometimes I did not get the payment, so we had an online war... You will see that the stuff arrive to you, I always keep my word !" Pawel

Jon 4/17/2020

????

"The suff was sent to you. I sent it by SAL mail. The stuff should be there one of these following days. I told you that I keep my word. We have a funeral here and i was not able to write to you before. Please wait a few days and you will see that I keep my word !
    " Pawel Need email for Polish Officials to contact. Before I did send the money I had photo's of the SA daggers NSSK dagger, Youth Dagger, and Kreigsmarine and all were viewed as authentic by multiple collector sights on the internet. Another thing to beware of. He may be using good items instead of fake to get novice or unaware collectors. Something needs to be done!!!!!!!!!!

I wish all beware and never us Western Union. Jon

:eek:

5. RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR Member

Problem is that 'Pawel Nowak' isn't a 'he'...it is an organized crime syndicate. The name Pawel Nowak is as common as John Smith in the States. It's all just a sham...and I have to say that it is hard to feel any sympathy for the folks that keep getting ripped off by 'Nowak'...do 1 minute of homework and you would find all the info you need...you wouldn't make any other major purchases without doing some sort of due diligence. Why should militaria be any different?

Greed is the ONLY reason that the 'Pawel Nowak' scam keeps working...plain and simple. If something seems too good to be true...it probably is.

Respectfully,
    Rick

6. jason4473

jason4473 Member

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Rick, we have plenty of Oak trees around here just for hanging those freaks. I hope they get impaled soon.

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Sorry you got burned. I wish you had been here several months ago when we were talking about those @*^342^#*#^* bags.

9. jason4473

jason4473 Member

I agree carl hang em high!

10. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Jason, also if you collect original WWII GErman photos-stay away from a freak by the ebay username of: Kiev1943. All this jerk(s) sell are repo photos. He took me for almost $450.00 last year but through intimidation and other threats, I managed to get almost $330.00 of it back-much to ""Adolffs" chagrin. This tick turp alos sells under at least three other ebay accounts and are easily spotable due to the way the pics are presented as well as its severe poor English used.

11. jason4473

jason4473 Member

good to know carl! I have been looking at the german pictures recently on ebay since I do not have any in my collection but I havent bought any yet, last night I was looking at the soldiers on motorcycle ones in particular.

12. colletorww2

colletorww2 Ace

The biggest bastard/crook known to collectors is back again, now he is calling himself "Sturmgewehr44" and his current email sturmgewehr44@windowslive.com

IF YOU ARE EVER CONTACTED BY THIS GUY, DON'T SEND HIM ANY MONEY. HE IS A CROOK AND A LIAR.

He usually send emails like this:

We can negotiate the prices. I just want to liquidate my collection. My main interest is sailing and wreck diving. Just came back from National Maritime Museum where made my research.

My basic prices:

1. Wehrmacht helmet - 400$
    2. Luftwaffe helmet - 400$
    3. Fallschirmjager M38 helmet - 500$
    4. SA daggers - 450$ each
    5. SS daggers - 500$ each
    6. Wehrmacht dagger - 400$

I do not like cheques, we need to put them to Incaso and wait even 3 months before we get cash. I could accept bank/wire transfer or western union transfer. I am before my next archival research trip to Simancas, Spain. Just need to find a cash to cover some of my expences.

13. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

threads merged (both related to the exactly same topic)

14. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

this is a first email he sent today to me, the T...ser

Pawel Nowak to me
    show details 6:22 PM (17 minutes ago)

Hi !
    I have some German Insignia/Medals from WWI and WWII and a few German helmets from WWI and WWII in a good condition. There are also German daggers (SS, SA, Kriegsmarine and other). I have also a few bayonets and swords for sale: japanese arisaka, and three french bayonets: Chassepot, Grass and Lebel. I would like to sell them for a reasonable price. I also have a japanese swords (katana and tanto) with the blade from XVIII century. If you could have an interest, please write directly to: Sturmgewehr44@windowslive.com
    All the best.
    Sturmgewehr44@windowslive.com

Nowy system Windows 7 - Wybierz odpowiedni komputer dla siebie. Więcej informacji.

15. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Ray and others on this site

if the guy or firm has to go to sending out private e-mails to sell his/their wares doesn't that seem to bring up warnings/red flags to you that he or they just might not be legit.

I have never had any Militaria carrier/dealership ever contact me in such a manner except for a half dozen loons on e-bay that told me they had just the thing for my collection.............yeah right

just delete this guys messages all and move on. Deal with reputable dealers only or personal friends that stand behind their items.

16. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

17. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I'd love to shove a Thermite Grenade up his/their basses.

18. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

IF, thats a real picture of the creep-even though im recovering from major surgery, I could still smash his nose into his mouth with the heel of my right foot.

19. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

good to have you back on track carl...my dad goes in wednesday to have his tumour op...

20. RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR Member

These are all stolen documents and passports...this is common knowledge in the circle. Why Jamie Cross hasn't updated his website is beyond me....but then again...why Jamie Cross even has a website is beyond me.