Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Military Youtubes and Videos.

Discussion in 'Military History' started by OpanaPointer, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

2. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but
    Happy Seventy Fifth To The Blue Angels !
    April 24, 1946

Kai-Petri and CAC like this.
  3. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Well, whatever, any fighter pilots could do this, I think, but I first saw this by Mig-29´s and thought it was incredible....

4. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I always loved the original Harrier. I had a matchbox version but it has disappeared during the years, I guess my father eliminated things that he did not think were valuable... too bad for me.

5. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

6. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

7. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

They hold an airshow here when they come to pick up the latest mark/mod birds from McDonnel-Douglas. One of the retirees is static displayed outside the planetarium here in St. Loser.

8. Riter

Riter Well-Known Member

OpanaPointer likes this.
  9. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

10. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

The Austrian woman who saved 7,700 children during WW2 - BBC Reel

Diana Budisavljević was a well-to-do Austrian married to a renowned doctor in Zagreb when the Axis forces invaded Yugoslavia in April 1941. Soon, a puppet state installed by the Nazis began a genocidal campaign against Serbs, Jews and Roma, setting up concentration camps in Croatia. When she learned that children in camps not far from the city were dying of hunger and disease, she resolutely started one of the greatest humanitarian actions of WW2.

Check the site for the video on BBC.

11. Biak

I know, I know ..... I've put a few of the same up before, But these guys saved my cousins butt ! ,...........Several times. Just a little welcome to the new guy.

And I challenge anyone to say they don't like CCR !

edit for wrong link :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    CAC likes this.
  12. Biak

Over 30 years ago now.

13. Biak

14. Biak

Something a tad different.

CAC likes this.
  15. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Dambusters veteran Johnny Johnson tells the RAF Benevolent Fund what Wing Commander Guy Gibson was like.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  16. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

The man who volunteered to be imprisoned in Auschwitz - BBC Reel

In 1940, a Polish underground operative named Witold Pilecki volunteered to be imprisoned at Auschwitz.

His job was to gather intelligence about activities at the camp and establish a daring resistance network inside. Pilecki remained imprisoned for over two and a half years, and witnessed Auschwitz transform into the Nazi's most notorious death camp. He tried to warn the world of the horrors he was witnessing, but the world didn't listen.

17. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

18. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

The New York Times carried several stories about conditions in the camps. I remember one that was dated around June of 1941.

19. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

The further the war went, the harder for the Jews was to leave Germany. As you can see, by june 1941 several escape routes ( embassies ) had been closed in Germany, and after the Wannsee conference pretty much non-existent.

The (im)possibilities of escaping 1933 – 1942

Getting hold of the right papers was also complicated. One of the first requirements was a valid passport. However, from 25 November 1941, Germany collectively stripped all German Jews living outside the territory of their nationality, insofar as they had not yet been individually “ausgebürgert”. Although there were diplomats in Europe who could provide stateless people with emergency passports, this measure seriously complicated the emigration process.

Moreover, in June 1941 all the diplomatic embassies and consulates of the United States in Germany and occupied Europe closed. From then on it was only possible to emigrate to America for people who could reach an American consul in Spain, Portugal, or the unoccupied part of France.

At the end of 1935, the High Commissioner Macdonald resigned because of the lack of support from the international community. In 1938 the deteriorating situation in Germany and the enormous increase in the number of people who had been made homeless led the American president Franklin D. Roosevelt to organize a conference on the problem of refugees. The international community discussed the humanitarian needs in the French town of Évian-les-Bains.

Only one nation proved prepared to make its rules for the admission of refugees more flexible. The United States decided to increase the German quota – the number of Germans that they were prepared to admit in view of the percentage of Americans of German origins – with that of Austria, which had been annexed. However, this did not lead to a lasting improvement in the prospects of the German Jewish refugees.

The (im)possibilities of escaping 1933 – 1942

20. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali