Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Modeling E100 and Maus

Discussion in 'Modelling' started by Prospero Quevedo, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

One of the things I think the models lack is the optical range finders. I guess others have thought the same thing. Seen models where they have added small boxes or housings to something like the things you see on cruiser turrets. I want to add some rod with the end rounded to make a dome look like on the panther F or m47. I think it will make it look more complete and clean. Saw an after market turret for dml e100 damn almost as much as the kit. The range finders look interesting on this concept but I think a good modeler could come up with an idea of their own. What do you think. While looking for ideas I didn't really grasp how huge the Maus was until I saw a picture of the one in Russia with a man next to it. Also saw some interesting concepts. The E100 with the turret all the way to the back looks like the elephant a tiger ii like the jadgpanther with the 128 and a E100 with the turret sides tapered at the front and rear. Drawings and a model. Anyway these looked interesting gives the E100 a different look my e100 and Maus turrets look the same cept for the gun mount might be interesting to tapper one of the turrets and see how it looks