Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Modern Day Goering

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by Mussolini, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru Patron  

Here is an interesting article I just read:

Article

Talk about having to live with guilt!

2. Kruska

Kruska Member

Jesus, some people really got problems...... :rolleyes:

Just because George W. Bush would happen to be my granduncle, - why should I feel haunted and sterilize myself?

Regards
    Kruska

3. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor Patron  

Yeah, I don't know what those folks have gone through with infamous names. They all responded differently looking at Bettina Goering and Gudrun Himmler. Total opposites. The oddest thing of all is that Goring, Himmler, Heydrich and so on have been described as exceptional fathers. Hmmmm.

4. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

of a relative in different fashions. Her American cousin, Herman Göring's nephew, Capt. Werner G. Göring, , piloted B-17s on 48 bombing missions against occupied Europe. Werner apparently got over his angst concerning his infamous uncle by bombing Germany.

Werner G. Göring was born in 1924 in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Utah, USA. His parents were Karl and Atela Göring. He also had an older brother named Karl Göring born about 1913, I don’t know what (if anything) happened to Karl or if he served in WW2.

I don't think Werner ever changed his last name (he would be in his eighties), I don't know if Karl is still alive.

5. STURMTRUPPEN

STURMTRUPPEN Member

i thought there were more goerings

6. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

There was one younger brother, Albert who was as un-Nazi as his brother was Nazi.

See:

NationMaster - Encyclopedia: Albert Göring

That article also "hints" that Albert may have been the result of an affair by Hermann's mother, since the father of Hermann was serving in Africa during the time-frame that Albert was probably conceived.