Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Most Evil men of WW2

Discussion in 'Leaders of World War 2' started by KBO, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Well, the Japanese scientists were not exactly as advanced in their studies as the Germans were at the time. How many cruise missiles & guided weapons had the Japanese invented?

As for the Cold War, it is very easy to say in hindsight that such & such was not needed - back then they felt that they needed every advantage they could get. Would you rather have had all those scientists working for Stalin?

However, I do agree that justice really was not served. :angry:

2. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Oh come on!

Basically what you're saying is all media and everything that affects the public opinion should be selective in what it must show and what it must never show. This is censorship, this is exactly what rulers have used over the centuries to keep their populations happy. Of course it is not good to encourage racism or hatred but not to show certain subjects because among some they might encourage such reactions is just showing a selective truth. It is evading the issue, walking with moral eyeflaps.

Because it is morally impossible, we can't show that the Jews are largely responsible for the killing of Jesus, even though it's the truth. Because it is morally impossible we can't show black people commiting crimes, only white people, because otherwise it encourages racism. The fact is, nowadays too much crimes committed by black people is shown, but don't just stop even though it still exists! Media coverage should be representative, not biased to either side. It should show the truth.

Wouldn't pictures of hundreds, thousands of dead Jews encourage hatred towards the Germans? Or is that morally acceptable to you?

3. DesertWolf

DesertWolf Member

via TanksinWW2
    Roel just made an excellent point, we should show the truth to the world in every area. We should show how millions of jews were sadly butchered by the Nazis just as we should show how crazy zealots attacked the twin towers just as we should show how Jews helped kill Jesus just as we should show how thousands of muslims were killed in the crusades.

If we follow your logic that we shouldnt show some events because of what they encourage of misguided hate, then we shouldnt show all events
    that entice hatred.

4. liang

liang New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I beg to differ, I believe there is a distinction between a rocket scientist comparing to a "researcher" who conducted C&B studies on civilians and POWs, knowing it was forbidden by international laws, and against all human consciens.

5. me262 phpbb3

me262 phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I agree with you, for some it was justify to gather all the research of the jap experiments and provide inmunity to the so called scientists, if that was the case why they did not got the angel of death?

6. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Of course there's a difference between a scientist like Werner von Braun and a "scientist" like Mengele. I was just pointing out that the US government was hauling in German scientists by the handful. But you are right, they probably did distinguish between those who served under a criminal regime and those who added to the level of criminalty of the regime.

7. me262 phpbb3

me262 phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    but still they got all the japs research and did not do a thing about the criminals in this case, but they also got a lot of reaseach and personel of the multiples german projects and DID criminaly prosecuted the main responsables of the worst blood bath in the human history

8. PMN1

PMN1 recruit

via TanksinWW2
    The fact is and will unfortunatlely forever remain, you can be as evil as you like as long as you have information that is useful to whoever contols you - whatever 'evil things' you do will be brushed under the carpet of history.

9. PMN1

PMN1 recruit

via TanksinWW2
    An iteresting book to read is 'The Hunt for zero point' by Nick Cook - its about anti-gravity, and Nazi research is involved - Nick Cook remains one of the editors for Janes Defence Weekly so for him to push his head above the parapet and talk openly about anti-gravity speaks volumes.

Do a Google search for 'Wencelas Mine, Ludwigsdorf, (Poland), SS General Hans Kammler and the SS-run 'Giant' underground manufacturing complex near Waldenbtug (Poland)

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

via TanksinWW2
    After the fall of USSR documetary revealed that Stalin isnt responsible after all.The governors of the provinces send reports to Stalin.Because they want Stalin to like them, because they're doing their job well, they send him false reports(like everything is ok,there is enough grain...).Stalin didnt know is that true or no.And the great hunger start, he ordered the food from the villages to be send to the cities.The grat hunger was mainly in the villages.When you have to choose you will choose the most important place(city).The work camps are not Stalins creation, before that the tsars used them.Before revolution Stalin is even been in these camps.The USSR was full of all kind bandits,robbers...,when there is instability there is no time to be soft-hearted or there will be anarchy.And the casuaties from the purges are much lesser because theyre mixed with those with the naturaldeath.23mil were death but many casuaties were civilian killed by the nazi.Well Stalin is not a saint but he is not killer

11. KBO

KBO New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Stalin isnt a Killer ?! Crap !!

He's both a killer and a murderer !!

Stalin and Hitler are on equal footing when it comes to this...

12. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    How can you say Stalin is not responsible for the deaths under his reign? He was the supreme leader of the Soviet Union, I don't think anything went on in the SU without him knowing and approving it. This picture you draw of him "not knowing what his governors were doing" doesn't fit Stalin's personality, and it doesn't fit his ideas.

The Purges, for one thing, were executed on his personal orders. He personally had most of his officer corps killed and his army cleared of all kinds of dissenters. No matter how large the numbers of deaths really are, that makes him responsible for mass murder.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

via TanksinWW2
    He is responisible,but only for a part os them.He made a mistake by killing many his officers.But some of them are planning a coup agains him.Many of the killed officers and other party members are not doing their jobs only use their power for thir own not for the good of the people.When Stalin came to power the country was in ruins.He maneged for 10 years to turn the Union in industrial colossus and after WW2 major world power.Before Revolution the majority of russian population were extremly poor.In 1940 for some 26 years majority of pop. lived in city, with job and good pay(good for Russia not America).Stalin always killed or inprison people that lieing him, and the lie that Stalin useto kill people that telling the true is more than funny for me.Ofcourse there is inocent people that are killed but what could be done.As i sad Stalin is not a saint,but from nothing he created a state with powerful economy and army.The peple thuely love him,but belive me not only because there was propaganda.They manege to see the different before Stalin and in the moment and see what heis realy done.

14. KBO

KBO New Member

via TanksinWW2
    It doesnt change anything !

Hitler also gave poor people jobs, and raised the standards of the country to become the mightiest in Europe, but he was still a murderer and a deciever of a country.

KBO

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

via TanksinWW2
    Yes,but Germany even defeated is still better than Russia.Hitler was developing mainly military sector.The social standart was little changed.In Union there was a great jump that no country had ever made.As for the kills Stalin has a cause, but it is not his own.Personaly he ordered some people to be shot, but these people only cause trouble with their power.Like one of the cenral commity member.This member was always drunk,and he do nothig.One time, when he was drunk he visit a factory,and just for fun kill some workers.Stalin orderd to be shot.Many of the party members were like this one.Another thing the governor dont like some people and send a false report that some body is voicing agains the party and need to be shot.Stalin alway has another man in these provinse that sends him report for the same thing.If two reports are different Stalin ordered both of them tobe shot.The purges are Stalins mistake.

16. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Please ignore the writings of this character. His views are unacceptable to the forum admin, and he has been banned.

17. corpcasselbury

corpcasselbury New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Thanks, Roel. To say that Stalin was not responsible for what went on in the USSR during his rule is absurd.

BTW, I have heard some make the same arguments about Hitler, that he didn't know about the Holocaust, that it was carried out by subordinates who didn't inform him of what they were doing. :angry:

18. Kellhound

Kellhound New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Sadly, there are many revisionists like those in my country. :angry:

19. corpcasselbury

corpcasselbury New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Trust me, Kellhound, we've got 'em here, too... :angry:

20. scaramouche

scaramouche New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Am with you pal, except that in my book Stalin was even a bigger murdering bastard than Shitler...-But while only a small lunatic fringe praises Hitler, there are legions of die hards (not all of them in the former USSR either) that still revere "Uncle Joe".and long for his return.... :angry: :angry: To pretend that Stalin was unaware of what was going is just plain B.S.. He took a very personal interest in all such matters,and even watched the "show trials' during the purgues which he instigated from an alcove situated above the court-room where the trials were being held. Many of those on trial were his former riends and one time-allies...The murder of Kirov, the very popular secretary of the CP in Leningrad engineered by Stalin, who feared Kirov's rising popularity. It also gave him an excuse for launching another purge. Kamenev and Zinoviev, which represented the cener-left wing of the Communist Party, and Bukharin, who represented the right wing of the party joined forces with Stalin against Trotzky in 1926. Trotzky was too poplar to be executed. Instead he was exiled. Zinoviev and Kamenev (whom Stalin despised, since they were Jewish and he was a notorious anti-semite) soon came under fire. In the 1930s they agreed to sign confessions of being British agents (!!!!) if they lives were spared. "Kba" as Stalin was known to his intimates guaranteed that.. But "Koba" lied and they were both executed in the Lubyanka.. Laurenti Beria, Stalin's "Little Berry", who had replaced Yeshov as head of the NKVD)during diner at the Kremlin, would often re-enact the winning and pleading of Kamenev in his last moments much to the amusement of Stalin , Molotov, and a young up-coming member of the "Inner Circle", an uncouth Ukranian peasant by the name of Nikita Kruschev,. Finally came Bukharin's turn. He was an intimate of Stalin from the early days,and they frequently visited each other's homes But now he was no longer needed. .To Stalin's satisfaction, Beria reported that. he "had given the matter his personal touch".. :angry: