Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

My Custom Made game, action figures ''1/18'' scale or smaller 54mm

Discussion in 'Tabletop Games' started by Herr Marshal 1945, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Herr Marshal 1945

Herr Marshal 1945 New Member

a fellow up; last december i asked for interested parties for my custom ww2 game. now this of course is a little different; in creating the game i only had to scales in mind; 4 in and the much smaller 54mm. i tried several attempts at 28mm but i feel for my game to stand out and to think outside of the box the much larger scales were preferable. i want to hear the communities opinion on which scale from only these two, sorry but as i said i wasn't able to work well with 28mm, you would prefer more rules for; also one of the inspirations was the new marauder action figures set in ww2;
    Marauder Task Force WWII 1:18 Scale 4 Inch Action Figures

Otto likes this.
  2. lwd

lwd Ace

Problem with any of the larger scales particularly if you are modeling 1:1 is the area needed to play. For instance at 1/18 scale WWII rifles are effective out to ~17 ft and tanks can engage each other at over 50 ft. Not many people have access to the spaces required. This can be an issue even at 1/72

3. Herr Marshal 1945

lwd, actually its a skirmish game, no vehicles, though if i ever add rules for 54mm tankettes such as the cv-33/l3 can be added

4. lwd

lwd Ace

With those figure sizes I was guessing a 1 figure = 1 man skirmish game. It's still a problem if ground scale is 1:1. If not how you treat terrain can be an issue. That's one reason people have gone to 15mm and even 7mm scales. Larger scales are great if you have a gym to play in but if you want to play on a table top not so much.

5. Takao

Takao Ace

I think you are off on this. 200 yards at 1/18 scale would be a little over 33 feet. 17 feet might be doable if weapons were limited to SMGs, pistols, and hand grenades. Or else the map was an urban, jungle, forest, etc. setting with limited visibility.

When I used to game with 1/72scale, distance was never in alignment with figurine scale.

Also, when I used to game Battletech, our group always talked about renting a minatur golf course for the day just to use as one big game field...But nothing ever came of it.

6. lwd

lwd Ace

Indeed I was using feet instead of yards.

7. Herr Marshal 1945

When I used 1/18 during play testing I created inner and outer complex, also that scale was custom to character creation as opposed to all troops being faceless grunts, the game was really meant to be very very limited; would you like me to email you guys the rules, maybe it would come out clearer that way and you can see much I've already placed into it

8. Herr Marshal 1945

hello again my friends, just update on game; for larger 1/18 scale, the playing has this castle wolfenstein feel to it, a deeply enclosed area with dungeons, coridors and a keep, those this give a dnd like simulation maybe

Otto likes this.
  9. Renika1

Renika1 New Member

I played Flames of War 2 months ago but when I discover a new game name's: Free fire, I did not play Flames of War anymore because I found that Free fire is more attractive. Moreover, if you wanna try, you can access to mobidescargar to download it for free
    Cheers!

10. Herr Marshal 1945

Renika1 New Member Thanks, do you have a link I've googled mobidegascar with no results, this a table top right, btw do you want me to send you my custom rules