Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

My WW2 Collection (will update later)

Discussion in 'Collections' started by drewthefan123, Oct 17, 2008.

Tags:
  1. drewthefan123

drewthefan123 Member

I couldn;t find a WW2 collection thread (yet) so I decided to start one. It is a "General WW2 discussion" if you ask me cause it is the items we collect now days that made the history in the past along side the men and women of all parts of the world! :)
    Here is my collection, and I would love to see other people show a bit of their own :) (NOTE: These are 3 Month old Pics, since then my collection has grown double its size! :) )
    3 month old pics of my Home Museum:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kai-Petri and Skipper like this.
  2. drewthefan123

drewthefan123 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dang -_- I still have like 260 pics left at least, but you all have a taste! Hope you like, and I hope to see some of YOUR pieces! :)

krieg, jagdpanther44 and Kruska like this.
  3. Kruska

Kruska Member

Hello drewthefan123,

Jesus, that is a hell of a collection. Guess some members here will start to get tears in their eys. :D

Looking at all the weapons and handguns I do hope that you are not going to start a war :D.

Till then welcome to the Forum and looking forward to all the other photos comming up.

Regards
    Kruska

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

A great collection and some original stuff too. I'm more impressed by the stuff I don't see elswhere. For instanc eI like the redcross flag and the propaganda posters. The Luftschutz helmet is a beauty. I also like the Japanese officer pistol.

5. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Wow!

Great looking collection! Congrats on that!

6. 36thva2

36thva2 Member

Holy Cow!! Very Nice!!

7. Herr

Herr Member

a very nice collection, and 2 KM items to boot :)

Herr

8. drewthefan123

drewthefan123 Member

To everyone that has commented so far, I wish to bow then to say thank you all. I apologize if I have made anybody cry, I just like to spread my items around for the world to see.

LOL, Kruska, No I am not going to start a war...though I do shoot cyotes with'em once in a while. I can hit with both Arisaka and K98 a Target 45/45 times at 250yards without a scope. I have the targets still if you want me to show'em to you.

Skipper: *Salutes back* Thank you for the salute, and for likeing my Items. I am only 19, never inherieted more than 2 WW2 Canteens when I was 13 and started collecting. It all started with a Fire Mans Hat Pin ;)... so anyways, I had to work hard for every cent to pay for this stuff. I can tell you now, I am proud of it toO! :)

Kai-Petri and 36theva: Thanks for likeing it alot! :)

Herr: Thanks for the Veiw, I say your collection, it is impressive. If you need help finding more KM stuff, I know some in-expensive people and places that sales'em. ;)

UPDATE: I WILL BE GETTING MY HANDS ON 6 ORIGANAL IRON CROSSES, THUS BEING 7 CROSSES FOR ME. I WILL BE ALSO GETTING MORE ARISAKAS, NCO GERMAN OFFICERS SWORD, AND A COMPLETE UNIFORM (EXCLUDING THE HAT/HELMET) SA UNIFORM! :D

9. jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44 Battlefield wanderer

Fantastic collection. I love the Luftschutz helmet with intact decal, you don't often see one that has not been de-nazified.

Is the P38 live?

10. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Drew, i'll say more than just HOLY SHIP!!!! Geese, I don't know where to begin with praise of many of the items in your collection.

I guess i'll start with:

Nice party banner!, I like both Japanese flags, great helmet collection (I am impressed) Great collection of Luftschutze Gladiators. I like that you also have a beaded one as well. I've got only one Gladiator-and it aint in the greatest of conditions-but is complete.

I'm also impressed that you have a 48 Star US Flag-i've always wanted to get one as well.

Like your Japanese stuff, your AMerican stuff-et el.

Love the Walther w-brown bakelite grips and hard shell holster. If you see this, I hope you will not mind me asking but, what year of manufactur is your Walther? and which firm made it? I've owned several through the years and sold/traded/or got stolen from me. My first one was one that was an Eastern Front battlefield pickup (shortly after the battle) and it was a 1943 made BYF Walther w/ black bakelite grips. Walther Nr.2 was a 1942 mace AC-w/ brown bakelite grips. Walther Nr.3 was an early November 1941-low serial number-BYF made pistol (and the one that gor stolen from my apartment back on January 6th 2000) and the only one I have left is my AC-43 made Walther. I have three soflshell holsters-two WWII period-one in mint condition-is black-the 2nd WWII one I have is a Brown Rural Police Holster with the mans name in it-and the final one is a 1962 or 62 made holster for the Walthers that the Polizei used to carry-and is also named to a Herr Boland.

Darn im impressed! what a heck of a great collection and if this is ONLy half of it??? all I can add is W0W!!!!!

Take care and best regards-Carl.

11. drewthefan123

drewthefan123 Member

jagdpanther44: Hey man, and Thanks for liking the Helmets. Yes the P-38 is Live, I love shooting it! :D

C.Evans: Thank you man for the Praise, but all I can say is thank you, take a bow, and respect you as well as everyone else here. You seem like a very well respected person due to all the salutes and Medals you have, so I salute you too :), and now for the buisness at Hand:

The P-38 is a cyq made in 1943, it was given to me by a Mr. Hans K. Fredswick of the 3rd SS Panzer Devision (TOTENKOPF/ SKULLs HEAD). The Hard Shell Holster is a Rare Variation to my Understanding, worth a good bit of money. The P-38 itself is all matching down to the Holster, I have shot it before both on the hunt and at the gun range. At the Range I hit the target 8 times in a row at 100ft, now I take it hunting in case of boar. I manged to kill one with the P38.

P.S. I can help you get a US flag 48 star for cheap that is origanal. If you do, let me know please ;)

I hope that helps C.Evans

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Drew, thank you for the nice compliemtns as well as for the info about your Walther. Another member here also has a CYQ produced Walther-and I hope he sees this to chime in. I think his also is a 43 made-not sure?

Mine fires perfectly as well. It's been much too long since it last "cleared-it's-throat," but I hope to be doing some shooting after I settle into my new home.

Certainly your Walther is a rare bird in that you can tell who you got it from. If it could only talk??....... My Walther didn't have a story with it but-I know it was a vet bring back as it has no import marks of anykind.

I don't know anything about rarity of holsters but, it makes sense as I see more soft-shell holsters than I do the hard shells. I bought a mint-soft shell holster about 2-3 years ago. This holster is absolutely beautiful No storage wear, no scuffs-except for one that was caused by a careless dealer whom I let look at it. The holster is black, all stampings and such are deep and clean, the leather is as supple as it was the day the holster was made-and the stitching is still very white.

Thank you also for the nice comments about being popular. I think im more controversial than popular though? ;-))

I'll be interested in a 48 star flag but not till about February 09. I have 4-5 deals im working on now which will net me a very nice set of all three Imperial Wound Badges, a nice Luftwaffe Photoalbum w/ both Army and LW pics, a large formal portrait pic of a German officer, some French medals, and another 1939 Ek2 w/ trifold ribbon.

Take care and best regards--Carl.

PS, I just have to say again, that you have one hell of an amazing collection-I really am very impressed with it. ;-))

13. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Drew

congratulations on a very nice collection that appears to be ever growing.

if I may make a suggestion is to retire your P-38 real soon firing US made ammo. I did my cyq as well with leather holster removed from a Heer soldaten captured in spring of 45 in Czechslovakia near wars end.

upon firing the hand held weapon for years took a now deceased German Soldaten veteran to the local shooting range. even in his early 80's he tore paper targets apart and told me the weapon fires short because of the US ammo and that I should "put away" the weapon due to possible jamming malfunctions and possible blow-back in my face. Interesting I had heard this even for K98's firing US ammo instead of the WW 2 vintage German.

I do own a couple boxes of German WW2 9mm ammo but do not dare take a chance to fire these in the Walther.

remember just how old your pistol is .........

v/r E ~

Attached Files:

14. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Luckily I haven't had any problems firing any Walthers I once owned and still own. The last time my Walther actually "spoke out loud" was about 8 years ago. I will be taking it to a range womwhere in the Houston era at some-point in time-just don't know when?

15. drewthefan123

drewthefan123 Member

Heads up, I will be posting many new pictures from my collection including a hard to find Nazi Kriegsmarine Enlisted Man's Shirt. Mint. Plus much more. Sorry I haven't been too active on here :( I am very busy with Real Life stuff, but in a few days I will be able to answer my emails and chat more on here...within 48 hours you will find another 25% of my collection plus updated pics of my museum.

~Drew

16. drewthefan123

drewthefan123 Member

UPDATES!!! These are some updates (as I promised) to show you all. I hope you like. All items are origanal, I have done many tests to make sure all is real...and now...my updates (please comment) :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My most prized piece of the collection may not be worth a lot of money and/or be the rarest piece... but ths kid's playing uniform shows so much time, care, and a feel of it being free spirited...

[​IMG]

Kai-Petri likes this.
  17. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Some great items again and original stuff too. The child uniform is unique indeed. No wonder you cherish it and want to keep such a nice item

18. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

Wonderful collection!

19. Kruska

Kruska Member

Wow great items, so when is your museum going public? I am sure a lot of people would put up a buck or two to see all these collectables.:D

Regards
    Kruska

20. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

I must ask, how to you afford all of this and find all of it? I think you said you are 19?