Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Mysterious Thread

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Poppy, Mar 3, 2015.

1. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Well you came to the right place pal.

2. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Ah, thanks! I was afraid I'd wandered into the "Share Your Feelings" thread again.

3. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

We have such a thing here? Ewwwwwwwwwwww!

4. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Yeah, Poppy is over there complaining that his new pants make him look fat and everyone else is telling him he has inner beauty. It's kind of awful.

5. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

6. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

So, todays news had a shooter killing 10 at a Roseburg college. Peace to families effected.
    The shooter asked about the religion of each victim...Don't know anything about the shooter or his religion as yet.

...Coincidences sometimes stretch the imagination to the limit.

One of the heros (Alek Skarlatos) who stopped the France train massacre...wait for it...was from Roseburg.
    http://www.nrtoday.com/news/17892518-113/alek-skarlatos-awarded-highest-us-army-medal-for

7. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

It's bizarre. The shooter is originally from the UK. A loner, a loser, like all of them. 26 years old and lives with his mother. No friends, no girlfriends. Claims to be an atheist. His social media page has a bunch of Irish Republican Army propaganda and he only has two cyber-friends, one of whom is an Islamic extremist.

The other weird thing is that he is a supporter of some group called Iron Cross 45, which is a Neo-Nazi bunch. Yet, the shooter is half black...?

8. Takao

Takao Ace

"Iron Cross 45" was his user name, not a group that he supported.

9. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

no mystery here...I always read comments on the inet like ''how could some1 do this??''' humans get mad, jealous, greedy, etc..and then some kill....I think I said it before, people will get something on their mind and won't let it go...then it grows and grows....and the human mind can make a mountain out of a molehill......twisting and turning everything around and upside down....and it builds, gaining momentum until the volcano explodes.
    as Kody says a loner, just like that kid from Santa Barbara, or the Sandy Hook killer...I read where he did have Nazi memorabilia.....any1 else see that??

10. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Ah, I see. Apparently there is such a group even if he is not affiliated. Still, a lonely loser with mental health issues. Why do these types want to take others with them? If they own a gun they should stick it their mouth, angle towards towards the top/rear of their brain and pull the trigger. Leave everyone else out of it.

11. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

over 85% of murders are committed by males....females usually ''shy away'' when hurt.....males ''attack''.....I think most people feel ''good'' when some1 they have argued with, or have ''hurt'' them, get 'hurt' themselves...I do it....if I'm pissed at someone, and they have something bad happen to them, I say, ''ya, serves you right, that's what you get"', etc....not that I would personally get back at some1...I think it is just human nature.....
    these people are in pain, hurting, pissed off at a real or perceived transgression, etc.....they want to not only strike out, but also stop the pain by going out in a shootout

12. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

We are social animals...without 'connection' we turn to drugs and violence...

13. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Only the broken machines turn to drugs and violence. Most of us are military vets and we've all had long periods of isolation and loneliness, strangers picking on us, danger, hardship, lack of female, ummm... comforts. We endured and thrived because we aren't broken. This guy's social media footprint reveals he was going through something like that. He completely lacked the social skills to find friends and lovers. He was broken.

I can see where families might not recognize the symptoms before these people snap and get them help. But, I will never understand why these people want to kill others when they check out.

14. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

so correct....and if rejected, a lot feel ''hurt'' .... a lot of humans ''need'' a companion....

15. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

It's life in the information age. 24 hour news cycles, 60 percent of television is some type reality show and most of the people on them are dysfunctional, twitter, Facebook, we've become a voyeur culture. You have a lonely, socially inept, low self worth, individual that wants to matter. He checks himself out nobody notices he won't even be missed. If he takes a bunch of innocents with him he's noticed, he's relevent, he matters, people know he exists. It's no wonder he followed the disgruntled Virginia shooter.
    We'll have more and more frequent events like this because of how our culture is evolving.

16. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

You mean how culture is devolving if there is such a thing.

17. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

18. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Getting stabbed is becoming a habit with this guy. Apparently some Asian gang was harassing a woman and he intervened and got stabbed. Again.

19. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

20. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

I'd say it's up there....here's a weird one<>a dream I had---in my car and the 'girl' with me is waving my WW2 pistol around when the cops get us and handcuff us....after questioning they say they were wrong, and is everything OK if I go to dinner with the Attorney general when he comes into town?