Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

NaNoWriMo

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by luketdrifter, Sep 24, 2010.

1. luketdrifter

luketdrifter Ace

It's almost that time again, writers! National Novel Writing Month starts November 1st. 50,000 words in 30 days. National Novel Writing Month

2. Radar4077

Radar4077 Member

im surprized Mr. King (my awesome english teacher) hasn't told us about this. i might have to mention it to him

3. luketdrifter

luketdrifter Ace

It's a great challenge and very fun. I completed last year with a couple days to spare.

4. SpitFireWings

SpitFireWings Member

I'll be in again this year with a WW2 related story! Find me there! My username is Basterdette (yes based on Inglourious Basterds)

5. luketdrifter

luketdrifter Ace

Here it is that time of year again....NaNoWriMo! I failed so hard last year, I have to make it up! Any other rouges getting in on this? We should start a support thread.

6. luketdrifter

luketdrifter Ace

NaNoWriMo starts on Tuesday. Anyone in? I have a fantastic idea for a story this year, but with my work schedule I'll have to right about 5000 works per day off to succeed...

7. 693FA

693FA Member

Better you than me:eek:! Reminds me to much of a term paper due next day in class haha but good luck to ya!

8. gunbunnyb/3/75FA

gunbunnyb/3/75FA Member

no flippin' way, the way i write, it would take me a whole bleeping year to do that many words.

9. Hufflepuff

Hufflepuff Semi-Frightening Mountain Goat

I'm doing this too! My name is Iguana67. I am currently about 8,400 words into it. Mine's a fantasy novel, nothing to do with WWII :3

10. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

I'm tied to this computer too much as it is but Good Luck to you guys who attempt this.
    I doubt I would have that much to put down as far as writing a novel or novella goes anyway. Trying to formulate an idea then actually putting words down on paper (or screen) would most likely turn into one of those things where I'd digress to the point where no one would be able to keep track of the direction I was originally heading. I know myself too well. Like today, I was planning on taking a walk through the woods but before I could gather the things I needed (for survival purposes - just in case), I received a call for assistance in removing a few trees that had fallen in the last wind storm. So instead of strolling through the woods as I planned, I ended up breaking out the chainsaw and tractor for a few hours of back straining toil. It did feel good to loosen up the old joints but now I am afraid the rest of the evening will be spent in relaxation with the heaviest lifting to be the glass of liquid refreshment currently residing on the end table beside my recliner. Too bad about the walk in the Woods, as I was anxious to traverse the Hills and Dales. Maybe next time. Besides all the other items on my agenda I noticed that Ducks, which I believe to be Teal, were doing their aerial acrobatics this morning with several 'rafts' skimming the waters of the Lake then gaining height to form up into larger formations. I watched also as four Swans went gracefully gliding pass our point of land jutting out into the pristine waters of this tranquil Northern Solitude abode. Last night I glimpsed just the slightest glimmer of the Aurora Borealis. A slender slice of Florescence Green dancing high above the Fir trees before diminishing like a Specter into nothingness.

luketdrifter likes this.
  11. luketdrifter

luketdrifter Ace

About 8200 words in, which is decent since I only get 3 days a week to work on it. So far so good.

12. luketdrifter

luketdrifter Ace

Over 30,000 and on track. Lost a night of writing today because I decided to shoot skeet and drink beer instead (not together) so it is what it is.

13. luketdrifter

luketdrifter Ace

Biak that not only made me want to help you cut wood but curl up next to your recliner and have you tell me stories.

14. luketdrifter

luketdrifter Ace

Congrats to Hufflepuff who also finished up NaNoWriMo with success.